Sunday, May 08, 2005

vi's big adventure to the wilds of MD

First off let me preface this with........
if a chair falls on your head, you may just want recover from that first before trekking off to MD.

ok let us now raise the lights on this expedition.

Friday a chair fell on my head......

I KNOW it surprised the shit out of me too

not to mention Fawn who almost got squished under me and the chair.
Bernie of course got home 20 minutes after I extracted myself from this dilemma (again like a MAN, impecable timing no?)

so here is my little round body, banged up, insulted, abused.....
sniff sniff...... (feel sorry for me yet? no? ok......... )
meanwhile we are rushing around doing saturday things......
get to bed by 11 pm,
I can feel the tendrils of the pumpkin overtaking my head........ I just know I have completely turned orange.

(to thems that don't understand the refrence....... read your fairy tales again, not the disney ones..... the REAL ones from the Grimm brothers)

ok alarm set for 4 am

ready to do some serious sleeping?
well actually......................... hotflashes strick again
ok so at 4am we get up....... load the van.
and take off for MD

3.5 hours
on 4 hours or less sleep.

oye

now I have a weird phobia of public bathrooms.
so between that and the lack of sleep ........ well lets just say NEXT YEAR WE GET A ROOM THERE.

I haf spoken!

ok we did stop at a mickyD for orange juice and a knash.. .....................
blame that on bernie as I had oatmeal cherry cookies for breakfast.....

we got there....... first off we went to go find Louise from Louknits.
We kept missing her, ( we did finally meet up that afternoon, at least I think it was afternoon, maybe it was late morning)

Her daughter is so tiny and petite and adorable...... Louise is wonderful, I could have just taken them home and adopted them on the spot.

The weather was supposed to be highs at 66......... DUDE, it got REALLY WARM.
at least to folks used to mountain temps.
I was striping off stuff fast. Oh and someone remind me next year bring my BIG sunhat from the garden.

we walked around looking at sheepies....... I didn't find many tunis,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(would you LOOK at them faces????)
except in the rare breed area
ok there were two ewes and either 3 or 4 lambs.

and here is a two week old soay lamb, complete with diapers, who is being bottle fed.Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I didn't take a picture of the diapers to protect the baby's dignity (bernie fell in love with this little one, and I could have brought her home if only they would have let me......)

now I also met a few folks from the Knitters Review forums
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Now if I messed up anyone's name forgive me
( and send my hush money cause you know..........I got some candid shots of you all and I intend to put them up here........hahahah )

ok and last of all ME!!!!!
yup yup the offical violet portrait....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

aren't I cute?
hahahaha
til next time vi

3 comments:

  1. You did pretty well figuring out everyone's name... I love your portrait... Sorry I did get to meet you in person, I ran up said hi, then went for lunch and never came back :(
    (ChristinaP from KR)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 PM

    Wow you even speelled my name right, that's so cool. (my sister Jennifer is next to me, behind Catherine M but she isn't a KR person) Thanks for the sheep pitures we didn't even get a chance to see them since we were so overwhelmed by the yarn.

    jaymeknitsAThotmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Thanks for posting the picture. I like being able to put faces with some of the names on KR. Love yours, too.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi