Thursday, May 12, 2005

a funny thing happened on the way home from the goaties

oye,
Ok first off let me tell you I had a fantastic time, Went out to Lilac Corners, was mobbed by my beloved goaties and sheepies...... Kissed by princess the horse.....

(WHAT you have never been KISSED by a horse? what kind of deprived childhood do you HAVE? everyone needs to be kissed by a horse, and tasted by goats and sheepies)

I didn't help much with the barn chores but I did take a ton of pictures and got the entire herd OUT of the barn so that Carole could refresh their bedding. ( the barn just got cleaned, and it is a mess again, cause they can't get out on pasture yet, they will colic, it is too much for them so they have to be slowly conditioned to it)
I have to post these pictures over a couple of days guys, as really I did take so many, it would blow up the photobucket and the blogger server, WAIT to you see some of these pictures.

I dropped Kris' lamb pen and creep panel off by her farm, and borrowed a sheep book and Folk Shawls. Kris' farm is centered on a 200+ year old stone house, it is got 24 inch thick walls and I sort of envy her. ( ok so I drool EVERY single time I go past that house, I adore it)
We spent some time talking and hugging lambsies.
I of course took pictures.....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com ( this is Kris and Ike)
and as soon as norton antivirus finishes it's scan I will be downloading them AND posting them of course so you all can see.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com this is all the lambsies.
She has two up for sale to a fiber only home, btw, in case anyone is interested. they will be wethered as they are boys, and she wants 150 each. Not bad for I think a 5/8 BFL.

I continued on my merry way over the river and through the woods to Carole's Lilac Corner farm.......( you know, WHERE THE goaties live)

I made good time.

I made mental notes where the new spring babies were at the farms along the way.

I got to Lilac Corners and of COURSE my beloved princess was out in the feedlot waiting for me
hahaha
you gotta love a horse that see you coming and runs over to greet you.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Stranger the cat came running out,Image hosted by Photobucket.com
a couple of the goaties....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
( shhhhhh but I do have my favorites, don't tell the herd, they ALL think they are my favorites, noses get kissed all around)

I unpacked, and ran out to the barn. I got pictures of the newest little darlinks....
the little white headed black doe has me concerned, Carole too as she started to bottle feed her.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I picked up a handy saanen kid Image hosted by Photobucket.com
( they ARE just laying around all over the place you know) and had a cuddle and a kiss, and just breathed in goatie........

also I have a really special treat, we went out to Monica's farm to see her alpacas, angora goats and her Arabian horses. There was a new filly there to greet us!!!Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hahahaha
here is her momma
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hahahahaha
ok and just for AMIE, here is a tease for the next batch of pictures....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok now I am going to drink my coffee
and start my day, I have all these pictures to process to show you all
til next time
vi
who is got to also post the last of the MDSW pictures as well
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
OHOHOHO
one more picture, This is Austin, the worlds oldest living meat goat, ( he is about 10 or so maybe older) We have decided Austin is the meat goat for vegitarians, as he will live long and die a natural death, then be buried under a tree in the 'north 40'
( I promised him I would post his picture)

OH ditzy vi .....
the funny thing...... well I ran out of time and space here I will post it tomorrow

hahahaha

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:02 AM

    oh all kinds of fuzzy critters.

    vi...you need to move onto one of these farms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell them, but alpaca are quite silly looking when they're sheared.

    How cute! Thank you!

    (and that beautiful Arabian filly... oh, bestill my heart...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:04 PM

    You really know how to hurt a girl, don't you?
    sallyjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for more alpaca shots!

    Silk is lovely to spin - it's like pulled taffy. The fibers are soooo long, and it wants to be spun fine... It's far easier than you'd think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:51 AM

    witch! pain! tease! i suppose i'll have to wait until tomorrow. sigh.

    love you, vi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:59 AM

    Love the photos of the animals. This life does not seem to be giving me land or beloved animals---maybe in my next one :o) I'm ready for a kiss by a horse, or a goat or a lamb ha, ha. For now, I'll kiss my little dachshund on the head LOL

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi