Friday, May 06, 2005

Menu update

Ok I cut up veggies for a salad, lettuce, carrots slivers, blanched green beans.
I am hard boiling eggs.
I also have black olives, and will cut up tomato and Spanish onions.
Garlic cheese croutons, and salad dressing all in separate containers.

Bernie hasn't called yet so I don't know if the ham/cheese with the cream cheese is a go or whether he wants just normal ham and cheese on a deli roll.
the roll ups seem a LOT more fun to me
I don't think I will be needing to take pasta salad with all that do you?
I still need to make oatmeal cranberry cookies.
( we need SOME thing breakfasty)

I am about done although I still need to finish up the handbalms and lotions
and I need AA batteries for back up for the camera.
oh and two plastic large garbage bags for in case of rain.

I think I am about done anyway.
I have my car knitting..... ( the neverending line up of THE current sock)
I would take the lace scarf but I am afraid I would screw up as it is a chart......
even though I know the pattern it is a 16 row repeat with 5 of those rows garter.......
I can't seem to remember where the hell I am on it! So I need the chart and the post it
I can knit toe up socks in my sleep.

ok if anyone has ANY menu suggestions please please post them in the comments........
Bernie eats ALOT
and while it seems I have a lot..... believe me, for him it may not be.
oye
vi

me again, I wish I could make peach yogurt frozen smoothies to take with us.... doesn't that sound good?
and I am going to experiment on my victim...... ah I mean bernie.... with a mayoless salad dressing of yogurt and cream cheese... hahahaha

oh and a VERY good tip..
when you are baking it helps to move things along if you actually TURN on THE FREEKEN OVEN.............. when you have the cookie sheets in there...........
meanwhile 12 minutes on the timer.... and an ice cold oven
oye

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:20 PM

    I think I'm getting to be less jealous about MS&W, and more jealous of what bernie will be eating!
    Off to forage - hours till supper!
    sallyjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sallyjo, don't let him hear that..... he loves it when folks are jealous of his food....
    damn that just doesn't seem right does it
    this from the man who once said to me 'love, you don't understand, I LOVE my preservatives'
    now he only wants home made........
    and I am a pretty decent cook
    vi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 PM

    While you were out;
    The gang and I staged a virtual raid of your fridge. Boy we had a great time!
    Thanks much
    love
    sallyjo
    p.s. I want pictures! I want words!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi