Thursday, May 26, 2005

Today I again have physical therapy.
Which means ( to the blissfully unaware) that again my arms will be twisted around like a pretzel and forcibly inserted into my opposite ear.
This will occur AFTER said arms are reduced to gell like boneless wonders in the afore mentioned twisting process.

Now you all heard me speak of 'mengele' my pt, she really is a lovely lady named June. She comes from the lake district in england, and knows sheepies.....
whats not to like?
and she is also making it possible for me to move my shoulders again...... amazingly.

however the WAY she does it is by brute force....... most of the time.
and you should SEE her....
tiny tiny little lady!
(don't let her kid you though, she is little but wirey, and strong as hell........... she can twist me but good)

by the time my pt is done, my brains are fried and I am incapable of speaking a co-herent sentance.
trust me
I am mostly also numb, which is good as I got at least a 45 minute drive HOME.........
the lure of ice packs, icecream and collapsing in a heap on my computer chair keeps me going just long enough to get there.

I tried bribery, I gave her soaps................. and some of the office staff as well.
hopeing that they will go easy on me.....
I suspect however that it may have a paradoxical effect in this case..... forcing my beloved mengele to now try to insert my elbow into my ears....... on the opposite side.... after she puts my head UNDER my knee in an effort to enable my neck to again move.

I truly know she is helping me..
but....... can you say PAIN???
yes I knew you could

til I am human again
vi

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:19 AM

    Back in the pre-9/11 days many PTs were call "Physical Terrorists". Yes it hurts, but it is worth it.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:05 PM

    My daughter's PT was from Scotland. A little tiny person, and she never hurt me or DD. She's the one after 4 months of therapy got the bones in my wrist back in place. I never asked her how she felt about sheep.
    sallyjo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi