Tuesday, May 10, 2005

MDSW part 2

ok folks now more on MDSW

First off I was there really for the sheepies.... (and to meet a few folks and help Kris pick up a sheep pen.

don't all faint, remember I can shop for yarn online, and fiber at any one of my friends, ( between all of them I think the ONLY thing we don't have is icelandic...... we have all sorts of other stuff....... oh and silk, no one is raising silk worms)
AND my friends take trades of soap, lotions and handbalms for fiber.

( all of them use my shepherds lotions and handbalms, they tell me that my stuff is the only thing that keeps them from cracking during the winter, and remember, they are OUT in the real cold weather taking care of stock)

Ok as to shopping, I did break down and do a bit of it
some coned yarns, rayon.
a few lace scarf patterns, I did get the "whisper" scarves from Fiddlesticks

But the biggest thing I got was two signed prints of sheep that I'd seen in Rhinebeck and was moaning that I didn't get them in Rhinebeck............ I could NOT afford them then.
hahahaha
Ok I will take the picture and post it
They are two different sizes because they didn't have them both in the SAME size but that's ok
I will frame them alike and stack them
SHEEPIES!!!
now
Goaties were born yesterday, yup yup twins
I am going tomorrow

Ok now for round 2 of MDSW, lets play
"put the name to the faces"

and you folks better comment.....

ok first up
who's this???
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hurry now there will be a TEST after.......

Now this next one is someone we better have indoctrinated..........
we don't know her name yet I don't think.... ( considering that haul in front of her..... she is one of us already)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
so if that is YOUR picture, step up to the plate and post ok?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
ok, and here we go.......
(btw, I owe you for the 25 year thing)


and some 'local' ambiance
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

more tomorrow


vi

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the beautiful Queen Bee Clara and Shawn in the background (whose screen name I can't remember)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I recognized Clara, too! Do I pass? I don't know the fiberholic, but she oughta come forward -- we are all so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:20 PM

    Thanks to your pictures I know who Clara is now.Looking forward to your other pictures so I can learn who others are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:01 AM

    I knew the answer but couldn't log in fast enough because they were doing maintainance. DRAT! She looks so cute and sweet. That's our Clara!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi