Sunday, May 15, 2005

spin group is today

I am making a sour cream coffee cake since it is at 1pm, instead of thursday night.
They moved it for me as I am night blind and have not been able to go to the last two meetings. ( bernie gets home too late and is up and out too early in the AM)
how nice is that?

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a
9x13 inch baking pan.
2 In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter and white
sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a
time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla, and almond. Mix in 2 cups
flour, baking powder, and salt. Spread 1/2 of batter in the
prepared pan.
3 Prepare the filling: In a medium bowl mix 1/3 cup
flour, brown sugar, white sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and
cinnamon. Sprinkle cake batter with 1/2 the filling. Spread
second half of batter over the filling, and top with
remaining filling.
4 Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a
toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.


I don't have a project for today yet, but I am bringing a fleece, and the new lace scarf I finished that I am planning on dyeing to cover the yellow in it.
plus some patterns and maybe my spindle.

I bid on an antique wheel on ebay, I doubt I will get it....... but I am going to try.
ok gotta take a shower
vi

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    The coffee cake recipe looks fantastic. I'll be printing it out and trying to really soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:32 PM

    mmmmmm, sour cream coffee cake...and coffee, with cream no less! If I'm gonna be bad, I might as well go all the way!

    This had better be good Vi...especially if I'm baking on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:00 PM

    You know, you really are lucky, in an odd way. I hope Bernie can be home more soon.
    sallyjo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi