Friday, August 12, 2005

How hot does it have to get?

to melt this fat offa me?
I had to go to NJ again today for a carotid artery scan.....( they wanted to see if my elevator goes all the way to the top....... be advised it doesn't)
.
Now it has been hot, no news there..... the entire North American continent has a heat wave right? ( and if you are IN North America and are NOT having a heat wave......... BITE ME)
.
So me driving down to NJ in a OLD truck with leather seats, on a LARGE 4 lane interstate, no Air conditioning, on the HOTTEST day of the year to see if I have blood flow to the BRAIN.........
doesn't exactly make SENSE now does it?
.
.
OBVIOUSLY, the above statement proves that the blood flow is stopped somewheres near the ankles or so...... right? NONE of it is reaching my brain.
Cause if I was in my RIGHT mind, I would NOT have GONE....... duh..........
or at least I would have made someone ELSE who has AIR CONDITIONING DRIVE..........
.
.
.
.
so what is this all about???
.
.
.

My FAT
.
I can not understand how it is possible for it to NOT have melted off on the way down....
.
.
I mean, when you fry bacon at even HALF the heat that was out there today, it shrivels up and the fat turns in to a clear liquid that you pour off and dump in the garbage right????
Isn't that the WAY fat is supposed to behave?
what do I have?

super fat?

fat that only melts at the temperature of MARS or Jupiter?
( is Jupiter hot btw?-what do I know..I've never been there)
.
Is there some sort of ADDITIVE that is preventing the melting of this fat in this extreme heat?
.
Can't I cut a break here ANYWHERE?
.
Goodness knows I sweated enough........
I stuck to the seat
I turned magenta with the heat
I had HIGH blood pressure for the first time.
( add all that to my icepick injuries and you have a VERY unhappy camper........... but I did get yarn today so I am a bit better adjusted now)
.
.
so's I am just saying...... ( and so's is a WORD if you come from NEW JERSEY)
what's it take to melt the pounds off?
or do I really have to get that chain saw out of the basement and do some 'rough carving' first???
.
.
.
.
inquiring violets want to know
vi

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Vi! I believe in the super fat theory so we need super melt 'cause the sun ain't cuttin it! LOL!! Otherwise you would be a shadow of your former self! You poor dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:42 AM

    (bares it for vi to bite) it was 73 today. and cloudy.

    and mars & jupiter are very cold. you want to go the other way, to mercury & venus.

    yup, super fat. aka cottage cheese, aka cellulite.

    them's the breaks, woman (yes, them's a word in nebraska)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Vi,
    My fat is melting - it is all going to my ankles!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. who was that vicious witch from nebraska? she makes us nebraskans look bad! good grief vi, i feel for ya, we've had fat melting heat for days (just not today)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:10 PM

    I know it can be hot in NJ. I lived there for almost 30 years. I'm in Maine now and this past weekend it was in the stinkin' 90s! For cripes sake! the 90s! in Maine! BTW, Stinkin AND cripes are words in Maine. Where exactly are we going? And how did we get in this handbasket?

    Debbie in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dunno, Vi, maybe the surface of the sun. Mine LOVES me, it thinks I'm a great place to live; it occasionally takes little vacations (read: I evict it with prejudice), and it comes right back bringing friends.

    Sigh. Fat's best friend, that's me.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi