Friday, March 11, 2005

The scent of baby goats

is amazing, like clover and fresh grass, light spring flowers, & warmth.
The scent of these babies alone renews your faith that spring will actually really come, and so will warmth and sunshine.
I got to hold one of the little triplets yesterday, this tiny little girl was smaller then Thaddeaus but maybe about Calpurrnia's size.
I was in heaven, and in love.
I swear there is something magical about these little guys, they just take your heart away when you hold their precious little warm bodies.
Ever single kid I have held so far has sighed and put their little heads down on my arm or shoulder.
That was it, they got me wrapped around their little hooves.
I didn't want to put that baby down, I tucked her under my coat.
I am so lucky to have friends that let me play with the goats.
Now we looked at the sheep and guess what?
it won't be long now for LAMBSIES!
I need a farm so bad, I swear.
I also got to help with some of the farm chores, which always have been a delight to me.
When I was young I had a calf, and lived for the time I was in the barn bottle feeding him.
I realized that some things haven't changed.
I still live for the times I am in the barn.
I got to pet that wonderfull gray pony named Princess that I sort of ah........hm........ adopted as my own beloved pony.
I was out filling her water trough, which has a heater.
I disturbed a very smart bunny that lived under it! ( one really smart bunny as it is very warm there, and he has food AND water)
I talked to the bunny while I petted princess and filled the water level up, all was right in the world.
Even though it was bitter cold, it doesn't get much better then that!
til next time
vi
ps: Carole made us some pecan pie, gee I am getting really spoiled, first CHEESECAKE, then Pecan pie! what's next? raspberry/peach cheesecake icecream?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:55 PM

    I was fortunate to once live on a farm and raise goats. This was heaven, no doubt. Now almost thirty years later it was still one of the happiest times of my life. I love goats!!!

    from susanne at
    http://alifeinwales.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi