Friday, March 04, 2005

I will admit to a touch of spring fever...
I have cleaned Fred the betta fish, scooping him out of his little bowl with a ladle and parking him in a container of clean distilled water while I polished the algae off of his inner tank, and flushed the muck out of his purple stones.
He is now clean and happy with his little pothos plant which is putting out new leaves, in his own little fishy heaven.
Now let me tell you, Fred is a dark blue and purple betta, who lives in a clear and dark bluish purple tank with dark purple stones....... in other words Fred is invisible!
I am planning on getting a red betta and a red tank and switching them..... the red one in the purple tank and Fred in the red tank.
how is that for smarter then the ad-verage bear.......... ( I am CHANNELING yogi BEAR? when did I stoop that low?)
I also cleaned up and watered my african violets with left over dirty Fred the fish water, which to an african violet is plant food heaven......the equivilant of CHEESECAKE......
they seem so much brighter and happier right now.
I clean Fred twice a week and usually the patchouli plant get the Fred water....today it was the violet's turn
they are forever grateful.
I was crusing the african violet sites on the net.......looking for a few new varities to add to my little garden. I am debating on if I should add some miniature violets to my standard ones.
we'll see, I am also thinking of starting this years seeds for the garden.
I have hollyhocks out the wazzo....... I had a season long love affair with a pink hollyhock and then got seeds for maybe 2 dozen different varieties.
I envision a stand of maybe 50 perrenial hollyhock out front........ if the deer will cooperate and not bother them. The deer didn't eat too much of the mallows, so I have hopes.
Again this year we will start the cottage garden

that is the north side of the house, I still need to get the pictures of the front, that person is our roofers wife, sweeping for roofing nails.
that whole side of the house has lungwort, pink lily of the valley, wisteria and maiden hair ferns going down there........
nice huh?
I am to go to town tomorrow as I have a class I am teaching.
you all better miss me

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:07 AM

    You know you will be missed by me, we go back along ways now don't we

    Gosh...has it been 5 years or more

    The effin oops I meant the sweet darlings deer ate half of what the landscapers planted in the front of the house, you do remember the cash that was paid for the landscapers to do the front, back and both sides of the yard don't you...and now the deer ate the front

    Now you understand why I am getting the facelift, I have to sell my body to hire them again for the front yard

    bye bye from shaggy who is lusting over Woody the landscaper

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi