Saturday, March 19, 2005

A new tranny is a thing of beauty

I got my van back!!!! yeah for me!
AND it RUNS! amazing! No more pepto dismal crap leaking out, no more burning smell when I shut it off. Wow and the BEST part is, it doesn't shift hard into the next gear making me think that the entire engine is about to fall out.
Now you all KNOW if I am bloging about it, that there is more to this then meets the eye right?
RIGHT.

first off, will the twit that called me TWICE at 2am please go fuck yourself with a stun gun set on high.
Not once but TWICE.
Bernie answered the second time. I traced the number and I am reporting it.

Then came hot flashes that just had to be preview of hell.
( well enough folks have damned me to hell, guess they were sending the advance literature)

Followed by...... (hushed and ominous voice over)
4 AM
Now 4 AM would be a reasonable hour considering that we had to be on the road no later then 5am, if I hadn't been awoken by twit, and then the hot flashes.
It takes a hell of a lot longer to get it together then it did at 19.
Gees at 19 I was like
"run a rake through my hair, throw a tee shirt and jeans on........ "
off we go.
Now it is,
'get rid of the menopausal beard and mustache, sunscreen, find the dead rat, lipstick to avoid that UNDEAD look, earrings cause......well you know...... wedding bands.......( yeah like anyone OTHER then Bernie would look twice at me.....sure in no ones dreams), BRA, underwear, clothes that actually almost match, knitting bag, tote bag, sun glasses, kitchen sink, elephant and a book of course.'
Also you remember I need my coffee now..... at least a cup, of STRONG coffee with enough milk not to have it look like walnut panneling from the 70's.
I also prefer to drink that strong coffee reading email, while waiting the hour it takes for my bowels to wake up....however by that time I was in the truck and on the road.
Poor Bernie was driving, while I chattered on and on inanely....... mile after mile.
( as an aside I wish to nominate the man for husband of the year....... the man must be a saint either that or he drinks on the side)
We got to NJ, and he bought me coffee and a corn muffin...... and worried that it may be too hot or strong for me! Then fretted that maybe I would get lost going over to NY state to see Little Linda.
ha
I used to run all over them thar hills in the Ramapo valley..... that is my home stomping ground.....
( ok shhhhhhhhh our little secret, I did make ONE wrong turn sort of but I was fine in a second)
Let me also inform you all that Friends you have know for over 30 years really do look better when, a) they have had at least a few hours sleep, and b) when you haven't just woken them up from a dead sleep.
other then that we had a good visit, I had her laughing like crazy so that was a good thing.
However I am not sure she was completely awake........she may think I was just a dream......
that may be a good thing.
I brought her a bunch of our handmade soap and toiletries.
anyway guys, I am very tired
so til next time
vi

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:45 PM

    so when did you start keeping things from me
    who is twit
    thanks for my laugh don't know what I would do without my em
    My jokes I receive are great but I know they are jokes
    reading your blog and talking to you is the real thing baby har har har shaggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:08 PM

    I think when you get to "a certain age", that bit of magnet behind your nose falls out. That's my excuse.
    Hey, I went 200-some miles today and only got "misplaced" once, although I did forget about one turn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:09 PM

    By the way, it's sallyjo. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya know, lady, i have absolutely no sense of direction. i don't think i ever had that "bit of magnet". i get by on very specific directions and signs. god help me if a sign is wrong (those roads dept people have a vicious sense of humor, particularly in southern indiana(i followed the wrong exit ramp for an interstate 11 years ago, and just got back)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi