Thursday, March 24, 2005

it doesn't get any better then this

I helped deliver three baby goats today.
The does' name is Jellybean. Which is also the name of my computer.
I just ran up to the farm to drop off an X-pen for Apple dumpling who is in a cast. I got the pen in the barn and hugged a goatie, and a lamb when Carole said.......'atoh'
and started to drag Jellybean out of the doe pen.
Sure enough she was dialated and mucusy.
in a few minutes Carole was yanking a kid out of her. (Big boy too)
I helped with the towels and took the pictures which will be here later.
I helped hold JellyBean when Carole had to finish doing things for her and the new baby.
Then we helped Jellybean deliver two more babies, one breach.
I am so happy I can't even begin to tell you folks.
it doesn't get any better then this.
A warm barn, the sounds of all the goaties around, the baaaaaaaaa of the sheeps and new born babie goaties.
Momma and kids were doing great when I left.
I can't tell you how privledged I was to be there.
oh my
I really need to have them babies don't you know.....the middle one looks JUST LIKE THADDEAUS......
hahahaha
vi

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Tell Carole that she has to name one of the goaties
    Sweet Violet

    shaggy says so

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi