Friday, February 18, 2005

This is more like it

Still not 100% but I am vertical...... I am awake before daybreak, AND I have had coffee!
Not just one cup, but I am on my second cup!
now

the important stuff
for the Goatie KID pictures go HERE
ok I came back and decided to put her pretty face HERE for you to admire

after all she is a little beauty and I would hate you all to miss her pretty little face....
(see what did I tell you.....isn't she a doll???)
THADDEAUS is Bigger then that little girl!
amazing huh?
Wait cause more are due on Monday!

lets see what else?
Sheepies......
ok IF Kris only gets singles this year, which we figure is impossible as her one ewe is as big as a house, I may have to get a lamb somewhere else.
I am thinking Tunis and then doing a X with the 100% BFL ram that Kris has.
I think that will give some seriously nice spinning fleece. Carole and Kris are both interested in what would be the outcome of this cross as well.
I really wish I could get a variance to keep two sheep here, but I doubt it.
they want 3 acres to start plus 1/2 acre per animal.....so I would actually need three MORE acres here for two sheep....... now what 2 sheep will do with 4 acres? I don't know
it would even take more GOATS to keep it trimmed back.......

ok now back to the studio.
Work has suffered.
there is no way around it, and Bernie is working Saturday.
Which may be a good thing as I will probably be working late saturday to play catch up.
I am trying to get a hold of Nancy to see if she wants to come fill this big order for me while I do the other stuff that is in the studio. So far I can't reach her.

I had planned on going up to Lilac Corners today or monday, as I want to see the kids and I have to help comb cashmere, as the goats are starting to shed and so it is time to gather the fiber, I don't know if I can fit that in now, but I am going to burn the midnight oil so I can try to get there.
I can't WAIT to comb out the cashmeres.
Besides I miss my time with all the goats, sheep and princess the horse.
The chickens are now in my freezer, but I will still miss them sitting on the stall sides in the barn watching us work with the animals.
Such is farm life.
ok
the sun has now more or less peaked over the mountain, or at least there is light outside, so my day can start on the workbench now.
have a wonderful day you all
Gee, I wish you folks would leave a comment or two, so many of you are coming here, I can see by the counter.
til next time
vi

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:43 PM

    You are getting a lot of hits Vi, I come here daily to read

    I have to read my funnies every morning with my coffee, you are the funniest person I know and I do love ya and you know this has to be shaggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how adorable... can't I please just have one little goat???

    How sweet!

    I know VERY few people comment - It's something like .75% of the people that actually read my blog that comment, according to my counter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:02 PM

    Hi Vi, I enjoyed your blog site that is the first one I have looked at. How do you do this? Your life sounds like it keeps you spinning but also sounds full filling. Enjoyed this. Thank you.
    JaniceV

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi