Friday, February 04, 2005

Larry, Moe & Curly really ARE running the universe

I know I know, I keep saying this but once again it seems to be true.
Larry, Moe & Curly ARE running the universe.
today for instance, it started out with cat puke on my leather computer chair, which made me have to CLEAN, ( and I am still shuddering from it)
which delayed my caffeine intake,
which delayed my updating the blog
which delayed my daily work
which brings to............ (drum roll please) THE SCANNER
ok so I was scanning the articles I wrote, and the articles on my work, as I am setting up an online gallery of my work.
everything was going well, the scans were the right size, etc.
when suddenly the twain interface froze.
now you know that sickening feeling you get right before the ceiling comes crashing down on your head............
yes THAT feeling.....
well it was worse then that.
I swear soiled underware was involved.
( I doubt that one was the cat.......)
ok so no problem right???
I will go through another application and pick up the images through there right?
WRONGO
ok ok
so I will uninstall and reinstall the program right no problem, it will take a bit maybe what? 20-30 minutes right?
4 hours later.........
I finally got it to install........SOMEWHERE
it isn't on the hard drive, it isn't in the program files
but it says
IT IS INSTALLED ( imagine a deep very throaty voice intoning this as gospel)
no shit sherlock, WHERE?
I swear it is Larry, Moe and CURLY
it has to be the Stooges as this doesn't just happen right?
oye
ok so now what do I do?
I manually remove any thing and everything remotely involved in this install..........
I use their uninstall app............ which uninstalls the twain driver about 5 times
and then tells me to reboot
NOPE
so I packed it in for today
I am hoping that the computer has a better day tomorrow
now...........
in my mind I am lying on a warm beach....... sunlight filtered through palm fronds.......
I am getting VERY SLEEPY
I am GETTING VERY VERY sleepy
I am relaxed
I am not throwing the scanner through the studio windows
I am not strangling folks that are playing head games
I am not sitting here with frozen toes and a dead scanner....
hahahaha
til next time
vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi