Friday, February 04, 2005

doing the Friday shuffle

ok ok, I'm up
it is 8:30, I been up since 5 but got caught having to CLEAN.
there needs to be legislation to the effect that cleaning is to be performed between 10am and 11am only in spring, summer and fall. NEVER in winter, and never before the sun comes up.
you don't want to know what I had to clean....... ok if you have CATS you will know what I had to clean up..... yup yup..... word to the wise......always wear slippers.
The offending cat is currently sitting on my shoulder purring ........ I won't name names but you would think she learned something in the past 4007 years.
all this BEFORE coffee......it is amazing I can type at all

I would like to discuss ego
yes still without coffee, and what constitutes normal healthy ego, from the evil alter ego......'little Napoleon"
and what brought this up??? ( yes I did hear you asking)
well actually an email from a stranger, who I am assuming is a nice person and innocent. In this email I was 'patiently explained to' (this is the assumption that she is nice and trying to help someone she doesn't have any idea about) except, it is in connection with me teaching something.......which would obviously mean I probably SHOULD know what I was talking about.
now I did not bite her head off...... which is probably a very good thing as she would not be happy about being headless and all.
however it did get me annoyed, this was followed by a second email......where another area was explained to me....which made me laugh as I have written and been published in that area.
I still have not bitten her head off
as I don't know how to tell her these little facts without being a bitch, because I do think that she is innocent and trying to be helpful.

I also realized that newbies do this to old timers a lot......they do it online on forums and boards, and they do it in real life.
I remember my mentors, who were women of grace, manners and breeding in the old fashioned 'lady' sense of the word, how would they have handled this?
anyway this is part of my dilemma today, this and trying to get this base done without my rocks
oh and cat puke on the leather chair......
til next time

3 comments:

  1. I had someone walk into my knitting class Tuesday, a new student, who said "what kind of needles do I need. I know what it says on the sheet, but I mean what are the BEST kind - do you even know?"

    I didn't slap her, garrot her with yarn, or stab her in the temple with a needle or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thou art an angel dear heart
    with a special place in heaven
    vi

    ReplyDelete
  3. i understand about the cat. mine decided the christmas tree skirt would be a good place. i'm just grateful that it was a cheap fiberfill type from walmart, and not the expensive crocheted one i'm planning for next year. he doesn't do it often, and fortunately, he only does it when my daughter is home, and i am not. i havne't had to clean up after him since he came to live with me last summer. and i wish cleaning rules really were like that. i sit here and look at my kitchen floor (blech) because we had a major melt down last week, and i can't get a rug thin enough to fit in front of the door, because the door catches on it. have to work on deshoeing children as they walk in the door, before they spread the muck further. have fun! (minnie from KR aka Dragonmom)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi