Tuesday, January 03, 2006

good morning and happy new year

hihi everyone,
I am back ( ok so sorta)
and I am busy.....
(state farm competetion doll, soap orders, stoking this wood stove)
I am getting a lot more excersize....
between the whole wood heat thing
the spinning wheel......
my chickens in the basement....
I lost a few pounds!

ok first off let me tell you
wood heat rocks

and also let me tell you
I do love the soapstone stove
just hate the incompetant dealer that sold it to us

I know a LOT more now

we have to put more stack on the chimney
and install a wall protector.......

we have burned only 50+or - gallons of oil per month so far....
so we've saved about 800. so far....
we paid 450 for the wood......
we are already into savings against the wood stove.......
I expect that in January and Febuary......
we should save about 2000........ which means the wood stove paid for itself in one heating season.....

I am planning to start cooking on it too.....

even the electric is down about 10.00

and
AND

AND

some one told us where to get FREE wood.... hardwoods
already cut into logs
we would just have to split them

a splitter is about 300.....for a small one

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think one winter heating season would pay for the log splitter too

ok
I have pictures
I have to upload them
but I got pictures

some of that little shit marguarite the chicken......sitting on the cat tree with the cats.
( she shits all over, not like my beloved dulcette)

I will have some doll pictures as well

I have to make soap today so after that maybe pictures


ok til next time

vi

1 comment:

  1. i can remember cooking on my dad's wood stove when i was a kid. the power would go out on a semi-regular basis, and we'd take a cast iron skillet and have bacon & eggs, etc. and this was an old cast iron barrel stove, not a deluxe soapstone stove! have fun. wanna steer some of that weight loss my way? i've got a dress to fit into, sigh.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi