Monday, January 09, 2006

larry the chicken

as some of you know I raised some chicks this fall
three turned out to be roo's and three hens
( then there is marguerite but that is another story)

we lost one of the roo's saturday.
everyone told me heart failure
he was young healthy robust.....
glossy feathers
bright eyes
and I went down to find him dead

Carole lost a chicken too this weekend....
dead for no reason

I felt terrible
like I did something wrong and that I would lose my other chickens

today is monday and so far my other chickens are fine

so maybe everyone was right...... poor larry had a birth defect?

I will miss him



now I finished a pair of socks last night and told amie........
she added them to the 200sock total

I don't know what to knit next
now I probably will start another pair of socks..cause don't I always
but I want to do something else too....

I want something quick I think...
I would like to knit some latvian mittens but I have to get the skeins done for my spin group skein contest.....
which I was told about AFTER I was signed up...... carole and kris did it when I wasn't there.....
what are friends for?
and the nerve of them
making us all spin for spin group........
who ever heard of such a thing??????


so I ordered ingeo and soy for the 100% natural ................ other then wool

I have access to alpaca, and mohair, and cashmere.......but I figured let me do something that we didn't have buckets of laying around ..makes sense huh?

my new lendrum is a dream
but the footman/dt sqeaks like crazy.

the advise is mixed................don't oil
oil everything but the sealed bearings

I can't take the squeak so I am going to risk oiling the squeak with a silicone lubricant.

the weather

it is hot as hell here
51 degrees F or about 11 C
if it is so hot here, I wo'nt be able to save a ton of money on heating oil, there by I won't be able to justify the woodstove

see we bought a wood stove and it is going to be the hottest january on record
palm trees will be coming HERE........

oye

any ideas on what I should knit next?????

mittens?
gloves?
hat?
lace scarf?
felted clogs?
gee what else is there?


vi

3 comments:

  1. um, a sweater? gee, novel idea i know. i know, the menopausal socks call, but maybe a sleeveless shell in your favorite wild colors, in cotton, or silk? a thought, lol.

    i'm sorry about larry. i'm sure moe and curly miss him dreadfully

    and waht's up with marguerite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:44 AM

    I'm so sorry about Larry! I've always wanted a few hens and may look into it in the next house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Larry.
    I vote for knitting socks or mittens.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi