Friday, January 06, 2006

snowflake doll or....how to go nuts without even trying

ok I missed the deadline for farm show
so the keeper of the snowflakes is still here
lanquishing on my workbench reprouching me
but
in my defence

I got a large soap order for a wedding......
honey oatmeal..
and the way I make it.....it isn't the easiest soap to make
I have made 3 batches so far and will make one or two more as insurance.
I have to do a lot more soap making after that is all done
I have to replenish stock

I am still not able to lift my 50 pound batches.... or this would have all been done
but I keep pushing

now in fiber news....
Amie has a two thousand sock count going on...she also has some pretty cute goldfish there..... so check that out
I will send her the picture of the pair I am about done with as soon as I do the toe decreases on the last one
I have to do either that opal petticoat sock.....( thank you again Lanea) or some light trekking xxl
very simiilar to the petticoat sorta in color but a bit lighter

I also have a few skeins to do as I apparently was volunteered while I was NOT at spin group to enter a 'creative skein' contest as well as a 'how good is your basic spinning skein contest'
I was told YESTERDAY......
gees

so I think I got one figured out but I need a really wild over the top one as well..

ok
in woodstove news

we sorta have it figured out
we still need more stack and we are saving to get a fireproof wall behind it
the installer I think put the chimney and stove to close to the wall
we have a sort of sheild for the chimney rigged right now
and we have a sheild for the stove back
but we need a more permanent solution.

oh and I need a woodstove rake and some stove gasket..
other then that we are saving some serious money on oil with the stove
and the temps outside can go down......
the studio is about 88 all day
the main house is in the upper 60's and 70's
and NOW when I get up at about 7 a fire takes me about 10-20 minutes to have fully on

I think I lost some weight too.

ok
chicken news
Monika asked for us to bring the boys on January 14 instead of this sunday which is ok
then marguerite is going down to the pen to be a REAL chicken
and maybe I will bring up dulcette......................
mmmmmmmmmm

take that marguerite
she flew onto my head today while I was trying to spin a bit, as I was waiting for the lye to cool down to make my soap batch.
damn
that hurt

we are getting a pizza tonight as I have the kitchen in an uproar with no counters and soap all over

now over the next three weeks I need to make a LOT of soap..
I have my list...
gee I should post it here huh? to remember it ( or at least a partial list)

ok
Patchouli
coffee kitchen
lavender (plain)
raspberry violet
peach goatsmilk
milk and mallow root
grapefruit lily goats milk
almond goats milk
blackberry goatsmilk
freesia
rose garden
carrot honey
colonial bayberry ( I love this scent)
forest sage
orange ginger
spearmint grapefruit ( I love this one too. sooooooooooo refreshing)
bayrum
coconut lime
cucumber melon
plain cucumber
sandalwood comfrey
Lilac
mixed mint
patchouli spice
zen garden

woooooooooooo
we are so low on stock
I was so much busier then I expected this past holiday season.

folks please remind me to make the soapies
oye

what other news

oh the lendrum is great
it squeaks a bit but we are going to oil everything but the plastic or nylon bearings.
other then that I am really enjoying this wheel
I never actually believed I would get it

but there it is
!!!!!

I can't wait to blend my own sock yarn..........
I wonder how tunis and nylon will wear???????


hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ok til next time
vi
ps: I moderated comments on the blog as I am tired of ditching foul ones......
so I am sorry guys
but for a while
ok?

2 comments:

  1. Guess this means we have to behave. But Minnie started it!

    In answer to your question about what happened to the fish tank, these fish got together and just sh*t all over it. It's like they had nothing better to do with their time!

    (in other words, nothing, just time for a good cleaning, they're out of jail, back home, safe and sound, back to making plant fertilizer...)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi