Thursday, September 01, 2005

The end of summer

it is official, as the kids have gone back to school here.
it is the end of summer
which really means.........
.
.
.
.
.
.
the beginning of Halloween season.
.
my favorite time of year.
.
I got a great present yesterday, a wonderful Halloween tote bag with vintage Halloween post cards on it.....I love it!
I had JUST said to someone that day that I needed a Halloween tote!
*** I am in a secret pumpkin pal swap and it came from my pumpkin pal, and it is just the cutest tote.
.
.
.
I can not watch the New Orleans footage, I got that way after 9/11 I am aware of what is going on, I know how bad it is going to get for those folks.
.
It is going to get bad, really really bad, HELL will look like a vacation spot after a while to them.
.
I don't need to rubber neck, I do however need to send some money.
( well I can't send air conditioning and electricity......)


I am torn as I am very upset with the Red cross, but I think in this one I have no choice. With the tsunami ( I can't spell that) I had Oxfam and Doctors without borders.
This is here....... we have the Red Cross.
I am also concerned that with the war ongoing, and this disaster, not to mention the prices of oil...
will America survive?
will the individual American survive..........folks like you and me?
I know at this point, I am concerned about our survival.
I am very concerned about heating this winter.
ok enough of this
.
.
.
.

today I am going to work,
I have studio work to do, house work and decorating for fall/halloween
I already had some protein this morning trying to fire my engine so to speak.......
we'll see
ok
til next time ( probably this afternoon)
when I post pictures!
vi

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Vi. you can always give your money to the salvation army, i don't recall recent shameful scandals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Vi. you can always give your money to the salvation army, i don't recall recent shameful scandals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:04 PM

    You spelled tsunami right.
    I wish I could do something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone wishes they could do something
    so I am sending my paypal money
    what else can we do?
    we can't send what they need most.....electricity and food and medical doctors
    but we send a few dollars here and there.....
    my paypal money is not much believe me.....
    and bernie had a very very short week so we won't even be able to pay a bill, he will be bringing home just enough to get him BACK to work next week.
    but we will send my paypal money
    a dollar here and there..... from a bunch of folks adds up you know
    vi

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi