Sunday, July 10, 2005

Time to think about ............

HALLOWEEN!

What you folks don't start thinking about halloween in july???
Why NOT?
Now I am not talking about the slasher, bloody, scary, icky halloween crap that is served up every year by hollywood............
noooooooooooooo

we all know that is crap right???
I am talking about vintage halloween

Friendly little jack o lanterns, ghostly folks, Happy rosy cheeked witches.......
those vintage vegetable people......

( insert hugh sigh here.....)

If you read me regularly ( and if you do thank you, I hope you enjoy your visit) you all know I am doing the halloween cloth doll...... nothing gorie at all, just sweet and pumpkinie....... ( it is a word NOW)

well I also joined a couple of new ( to me) yahoo groups, a halloween one, cloth doll one, and primitive one. At one group was the instructions for making a feather tree........hmmmmmmmmmm
always wanted one of them..........
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmm
have them little pumpkin ghosts for the dollhouse I couldn't stop making last year.............
hmmmmmmmmmm
I am thinking I really have got to clear the time and space in the studio to make one of those feather trees.

I have the wire, I have dowels, I think I even have the florist tape.............. CAROLE has the poultry feathers.............
this just may actually happen!!!!
which would make me very happy to finally have.

So my question to you all is................. in BLACK or ORANGE????

if I had poll scripting I would insert a poll here
but I don't at the moment
so if you have an opinion please post it in the comment section..........????

if you would be so kind
til next time
vi

2 comments:

  1. both. it wouldn't be halloween if you didn't do both colors! and if you like blueberry, ya gotta check out this recipe at this blog, it's just too yummy looking! (i'm gonna try and melt my kitchen down and make this some time this week!)

    www.sandysknitting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. . . black, I think, to set off the pumpkins and Indian corn and ghosties and four-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night. Maybe a rusty-looking sort of black, so it looks more antiquey.

    Okay, I'm ready for fall now!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi