Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Cries of London

First off, I don't understand terrorism.
there are so many things in life that cause pain, 'acts of god', natural disasters, illness, natural deaths, accidents.......I can even understand crimes of passion.

I don't understand how someone could possibly do an act of this much violence to another human being.
how can a person in their heart between them and their idea of god justify this?
I can't even begin to fantom this
I can't get my mind around it.

it literally is too large for my brain to comprehend
my heart goes out to the folks there.
Mengele spoke to her family there and everyone of her folks are ok and accounted for...... thankfully.


Now the post that I had planned for today, I am still going to post, almost in defiance of the disruption that these people have tried to perpetrate.

How I design and make a cloth doll.

while I do start with a rough idea or sketch, ( which I did not scan sorry) from which I draft a pattern and make the body, I am not going to bore you all with that part....... nor with the endless tweaks that I do before I get one actually together so here are the 'work in process' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the overview of the finished body, with head attached

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A close up of the face, this is the color that is most correct.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wigging fiber just laid over the head to check coloration, this is a warm butterscotch and it is definitely a go. However the color of this picture is way off

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

the over view of the sewn, but not gathered skirt with hand painted pumpkins.. this color is pretty accurate

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

close up of one of the pumpkins, color is very off

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:50 PM

    Whew! Beautiful - its great to see work in process - I love to see how other people think and the way they decide how to put things together. - Crey

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi