Thursday, July 28, 2005

Are you SURE you are a cat?

Dear Thaddeaus,

I love you dearly, however something has come to my attention.......

namely your ah........ Un-cat like behavior.

I can deal with retrieving you from the top of the book cases.....
and also from the top of the pot cabinet......
( I don't care what anyone says about that one.........YOU WERE ON THE DAMN CEILING......If 80% of the cat is touching the ceiling....... the CAT is considered to be ON the ceiling)

I have been able to ignore your chewing every FREEKING thing in sight....
( please stop chewing daddies purple insulated lunch thingy... he gets upset when his ICED TEA gets HOT at work )

I am resigned to the fact that every thing in this house has tooth marks in it.......Including me.....
and some thing look like an advanced case of termites have feasted.

I have even decided that there is an odd logic to liking your bath but HATING the evil and obviously torturious WARM TOWEL....... ( after all it has EATEN bigger cats then you......LIONS even)

But son, I have to draw the line somewheres.........

and that somewheres is the ceiling fan.........

I don't think you really would like going for a ride on the ceiling fan any more then I would like cleaning up what was left of you and the ceiling and the floor......
cause at 20 pounds ( give or take a whisker) I am reasonably sure that the ceiling fan would come crashing down on the floor......
taking part of the ceiling with it.
Now I do realize that the ceiling is Irresistible....... I mean it was just hanging there waiting for your little paws to come along.....
taunting you no doubt......
and I do respect that fact that you love a challenge.....
that is part of your charm.........

however son, believe me when I tell you.....
the ceiling fan will not do you any good....
so how about this one we decide to pass on???
or at least give it the old college try eh?

go back to piling up and dive bombing boxes in the living room......
or taking off with mommy's newly made dolls.......... and disembowling them in Calpurrnia's crate.....
or EVEN stealing daddy's MODEL cars and again hiding them in Calpurrnia's crate
( what does Calpurrnia know.....she is happy singing in the corner with her patchouli leaf)

but my darling curly headed son......
please for heavens sake.......
don't mess with the ceiling fan....
it really isn't a cat sized amusement park ride...........

love mom

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mom,
    I don't think you understand that ceiling fans are the Mt. Everest of Catworld. For your sake I'll postpone my expedition, but it is on my list of Very Important Things to Accomplish At Any Cost, so I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You might try dusting up there more often. It makes me all sneezy.

    Love, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes. Somewhere online is an Australian commercial for Nokia cell phones in which a determined kitty gets himself (and you just KNOW it's a boy cat) caught on a ceiling fan. You might want to show it to Thaddeaus as a hint as to the consequences of his actions.

    Why, here's that link now: http://www.funny-games.biz/videos/175-nokia-cat-comm.html

    It's not gory, messy or sick-making, but it can definitely be used as an Object Lesson for Determined Kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:57 AM

    I only have one ceiling fan in my house and it is in my craft room where one of my four cats, Rosebud, lives all the time. I have one that beats her up, so she does not usually come out of the room. The door stays closed most of the time to de-stress Rosebud of possible invasion from Katy.

    Up until now, she has not tried to jump on it, but I am going to have to sit her down and have a serious talk and explain the dangers of it to her.
    Thanks for the insight and warning.

    By the way, your fur babies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:27 PM

    Delightful!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi