Saturday, August 22, 2009

to rain or not to rain

is it better to have rained?

to paraphrase shakespeare..................

again with the freeken rain
it's getting old believe me

we WERE to work on duck pens
hahahaha
rain and bob took care of that (hurricane bob or bill or whatever the hell the newest hurricane is called)

it's so wet out that slugs are climbing the windows

morning all

in fiber stuffs around here, i had to stop my sock
i am a bit annoyed about that as it is due to losing a needle
i knit on size 1 bamboos these are 'meimei' needles
i lost one
and don't have another size 1 available in six inch
so i am at a standstill until i either get a new set or find that needle i lost

so i cast on some yellow laceweight i got at spirit trail fiberworks in october at rhinebeck
i am doing a 52 plus 2 stitch ostrich plume right now
i may do the body in various laces but the ends are that ostrick plume

has anyone tried the new acrylic interchangable circulars from knitpicks?
they are mighty tempting to me
mmmmmmmmmm?

as i love my denise needles
and of course i lust after those wooden harmony needles

oh man

now yesterday i went to town
i did something i have never in my lifetime ever done
shhhhhhhhh
don't tell anyone

i stopped at gertrude hawk for an icecream!
all by myself
and i ate it there too!
all by myself
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never do that
but boy it was good

the heat had gotten me sick in the morning and i had to get to town, so i hadn't eatten
and i lost any thing in my stomach prior
the icecream did cool me off
and it made me feel better
even the coating of milk chocolate
(i don't really like chocolate much either)

it is still amazing to me


in duckie doings....... lillianna was a mess when i went to put the girls away
i tossed her in the little pond
which was overflowing from the rain
she had a blast splashing around
i had to put her to bed wet though as every time i tried to get her out to dry off
she ran right back to the pond

and momma bit phoebe on the wing
sooooooooooo
it may end up with momma in with falstaff and lil back with phoebe
which should make lil happy
momma unhappy and phoebe still the same

DUCKS DRIVE YOU CRAZY

believe me
and it's not such a long trip with me

momma meanwhile is getting extremely tame
she is starting to ask to be picked up occationally
w0w
how far she's come!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:12 PM

    When I first learned to knit socks, the patterns called for 4 dpn's, but the newer ones now use 5 dpn's or circularts. So, just move your stitches around to compensate for the lost needle, and continue to finish your socks. I'm sure you can do it.

    My secret passion is the frozen vanilla custard at Rita's. I don't care for chocolate, but for a rare nibble, so I wouldn't enjoy an ice cream from Gertrude. Still, the actual fact of the matter is that I had no idea Gertrude Hawks even served ice cream in the first place. I know, that's because I live in the sticks!! Got it! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi