Wednesday, August 19, 2009

my tiny corner of the world




one shelf in my studio.....it's organized! amazing huh?


in my tiny corner of the world,
there are white feathers in the yard
golden feathers in the house
and curly cats all over the place

there are all sorts of wild birds in the trees
along with a ton of other little furry, scaley, and possibly amphibious creatures

now will someone explain to me
why i love animals so very much
(typed with 'help' from one such furry curly headed little guy, who's sitting on the back of my chair thumping my head with his tail)

they make a mess
they cost money
they worry you to DEATH
they cost money.......did i mention that?
a LOT of money
they barf in your shoe
they sleep on your head
occationally they shit on your lap

but for some really odd reason i just love them
did i mention they are a LOT of work too
really
a lot
tons even

and the one cat hides stuff
usually my stuff

when he isn't hiding it, he's either chewing it to bits or stuffing it in his food bowl
i caught him just before he stuffed one of my BRAS in his food bowl
WTF is up with that?

now fawn sleeps on my head most nights
she is VERY VERY FURRY
curly fur
LONG curly fur
she sleeps on my head with her belly pressed up against it
did i mention hot flashes?
night sweats?
she loves them
i, on the other hand......understandably HATE THEM

i never met a hot flash i liked
really

add that to an inefficent (but brand new) ac unit..........and you got a recipe for no sleep

yup
that's me
and i am allowed to DRIVE at will...........

oye

ok this will post in the morning more or less
i probably will add to it
so if this is pretty much it.....give it a few hours and check back.....seriously
i may even say something brilliant ( although i doubt it)
or funny even
(which could be more likely)

so until then
night all

ok it's morning now
it rained all night
so much for doing the last bit of doll molds

does anyone who may read this blog do 'eft'?
it is a tapping thing

just wondering

it's dark and dismal again today in the studio
i can't wait now to get the workbenchs moved and the windows all opened up and uncovered
not to mention whitewashing the walls
i would LOVE to do a real lime whitewash
but since the walls are wood 'paneling' i doubt that they would hold up to the traditional lime whitewash
too bad

bernie looked at that end of the studio and said to me

'you are going to need lighting'

yup i have needed lighting there for 22 years....
i am thinking tracklights
i am also thinking of a couple of swing arms and a table lamp or two

i also am going to need electrical outlets
i could see the wheels turning in his head so i think i will be GETTING electrical outlets

ok now this is really the end of this post
i got coffee to drink
and my thyroid meds to find

til next time
vi

2 comments:

  1. You might consider some of the "daylight" lamps. I definitely love the light I get from them but not so much the heat they give out.

    So what can we make with the 1.9 oz of Malabrigo worsted I found in my "didn't use it up" stash? Is that enough for a hat, do you think? Or wrist warmers? Who would use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. It's the "sunset" variegated color of Malabrigo that I used for my mother's lap afghan. Bright and cheerful. My sister thought it looked like sunflowers and our mother loves sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi