Monday, August 03, 2009

my last remaining aunt died saturday

i found out last night
my aunt elsie riccardi
she was 97
she was the tiniest little thing
shorter even then me

she had so much love packed into that tiny frail little body, it's amazing
her husband, uncle lou died a few years back, he was as tall as she was tiny

my aunt angie died shortly after my uncle lou, aunt angie was aunt elsie's sister
and her husband uncle eddie died about 5 months ago
aunt angie came to get him 'eddie, when are you coming home from work'

they are all together now, along with my folks

i haven't seen her in a while due to her not knowing me
it would just kill me
i know that really isn't any excuse
i did however email and call her daughter in law and her son regularly
and patricia emailed me last night to tell me

even though she had been 'gone' for years
i still felt like there was family here for me
now that's gone with her
and i am now one of 'the old people' in the family
i know i'm kinda young but there you have it

i am going to miss the knowing that she was still here

but really she is now with everyone, surrounded by so much love that i am so happy for her
even though i am going to miss her so much

vi

4 comments:

  1. ((((((((hugs Vi))))))))))))
    Kristy in North GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Sorry to hear about your Aunt, but at 97 you have to agree, she did have a long life. I hope her final years were not all bad ones, especially if she had Alzheimer's.

    So, how does it feel to be one of the "old" people in the family now? Welcome to the club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear of your loss. YOu are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to hear about your loss - it is hard even when they are elderly and you know it is coming - hugs ..

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi