Thursday, August 20, 2009

hopefully not as hot today and studio work

will get done

the workbench has to get finished NOW

ok in other news
our uphill neighbor called me yesterday
they are having a 50th anniversary party saturday
we're invited
i wish we'd known that a few weeks ago
but we'll stop in fast
as we have dinner plans with a 42-1/2 once removed cousin

ok now onto a couple of news things
first up for the knitters
jen at spirit trail fiberworks is having a sale
i got some silk laceweight in red
i also lusted after some in redwood/mahogany but did enough damage to the pocketbook with the red

bernie got his review at work yesterday and it was good
i am so happy for him
as the person who gave him his review is one of the two people in that company who he would do anything for
he just respects them that much
( i like this person very much as well, so i am happy for bernie)

i would like to remind everyone about that book 'the pantry' (see the link at the right about it)
i adore that book, and i would hate for folks who would also love it to miss out

another book i discovered i loved is
Organizing Your Craft Space by Jo Packham

this book is one i keep reading as i go along
over and over
i thought at first it wasn't much help
but now i found that for me it was

armed with that and a few magazines on studio organization this is helping get through this endless studio reorganization


btw, i am almost ready to close the toe on the sock i'm knitting, so i can cast on for the second sock probably tonight
then i have a scarf to do
another one with danglies on the ends
(love them danglies, this one i want to have beads and buttons maybe)

then the cowl for colleen
oh and that red silk laceweight for me huh?
probably something out of 'victorian lace today'


now i think that is about it for today

and just in case anyone wondered, i use this blog as a sort of daily diary for me
i post stuff for some of the folks that read here
and i also post a lot of stuff so i remember things
some stuff may be boring to you all ( sorry about that)
if so then that is probably the stuff i am trying to remind myself of
or have a record of
i am not one to physically WRITE in a diary
this online thing somehow works for me
i don't know why
i could just as easily take the blog private and i will still write every day
(mostly)

however i will tell you folks, i do like comments
i feel like i am talking to friends over coffee then

ok
time to start the day
morning everyone

ttyl

vi

4 comments:

  1. It was already too hot to walk when I got downstairs this morning, so I got in the car and went to the post office instead. Have been drinking iced tea (Wegmans version of green jasmine in the car, now my own brewed Tazo Passion) and working since I got home. Have to get this project done by 11 tomorrow so I can move on to the next one on Monday. (Fri afternoon, DH has procedure scheduled at hospital. I will be driving, then knitting while I wait. Lace? Preemie hats as back-up? Charity blanket square as real back-up if I can't concentrate at all?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! Even if I do not post everyday, know that I have at least read it! lol Usually around 6 or 7 am EST but definitely by lunch!
    Your posts do not bore me, I love reading all that you do from knitting to canning, ducks, cats, and chickens to Bernie's expeditions! My house is crazy at times with as many as 7 kids here under the age of 7!
    Take care!
    Kristy in North GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 PM

    I adore that picture of your Mother. What a treasure that is.

    I'm also glad that Bernie got a good review at work. From what I understand about how hard he works for them, he deserves a good review.

    It sounds like the organizing is coming along well. Good for you girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vi! Of course, I rarely comment as well, but you are one of the four blogs I read every single morning. Love hearing about all the "doings" around your place. Hope you'll visit mine sometime as well.

    Lana
    Never Enough Thyme
    http://www.lanascooking.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi