Saturday, August 29, 2009

studio progress

i got the shelf out that held my molds and porcelain tools

i miss it!
but it was time to get it out
it's now in the attic
and i have the porcelain workbench to move out now
it's a mess too
bernie is going to take it apart
dad nailed it to the floor
oye

i am thinking
it would be easier to just lift it onto casters after getting the nails out
i think bernie wants to take it apart as he doesn't want me making porcelain dolls anymore
so if he does........ we ALL know i won't be getting it back
that's why dad helped me with it and nailed it to the floor in the first place

i am also thinking of reupholstering my chesterfield love seats
which are now in a schumocker (sp?) cotton velvet in a deep cranberry
i am thinking.... toile?
or should i go with a solid color as they ARE button tuffed....
and then do a toile slipcover and maybe also a summer canvas one


today we are also going to put up the new clothesline and hopefully the squirrel from hell will leave it alone?

anyone for squirrel stew?

as to the wood being rained on in my driveway
bernie wants to do a shaker round stack for the wood pile
i agree
(as he doesn't listen to me normally and the woodpile is rotting away under a shrub and some trees.......... there are FROGS spawning in the woodpile........ THAT's how wet it is...... but he knows better then me)

anyway he is going to put the pile in the center of the driveway
yup
where all the water runs down
oh man
i told him to keep it at least 6 inches off the ground then

heaven help me


vi

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 AM

    OK, and why does Bernie not want you making porcelain dolls?

    And why a wood pile in the driveway? Where do you park then?


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:52 PM

    Why doesn't Bernie want you to make dolls?

    One of the things I don't think I will ever, ever, ever do is reupholster anything. Or at least anything more difficult than the seat of a dining chair. Boy, that is a project.

    I am a vegetarian usually, but I would eat squirrel stew with you. Definitely free-range, yes?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi