Saturday, August 15, 2009

the egg picture

that huge egg is the egg momma laid
it's the size of a turkey egg

the brown egg is a normal orpington egg

and the other a normal duck egg

we got eggs you know
we do

we got eggs

now
yesterday, i ran up to georgie's up the hill
we'd split a mail order and it had arrived so i went up to get my half
when i got home a tiny baby squirrel had (again) fallen out of the big pine by the front door
he was covered in flies
bernie got a bird cage and we fed him
but he was bleeding pretty bad from the nose

he died over night

these damn baby squirrels just break my heart

bernie is working today, he had a CC unit that needed attention
and since he was out a day and a half with heat exhaustion,
he went in
he got that unit figured out and ordered the parts

meanwhile today is two weeks that my kitchen aide is in the shop
i need my mixer
oye

i got me some new extracts to play with
orange and lemon ( next is hazelnut and lime and raspberry)
i need to make cookies or cupcakes or icing or something
it ain't happening without my mixer

oh and i got parsley in my coffee cup
serves me right for putting dried parsley in mason jars while trying to fix my morning coffee
it would have been better maybe if it had been the basil.............no?

i didn't sleep last night, so today is in reverse for me
i was down here for about 3 hours
i don't know why, could be worry over that baby squirrel
he died anyway
but i am not all here now

so until i am

vi

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I feel like Charlotte commenting on Wilbur. That is SOME egg she gave you.

    We got home this afternoon -- on the road from Saturday 8/8 to Sunday 8/16, 1511 miles, one wedding, three visits, several other stops. No yarn came home with me. Very strange. But we stopped at Daedalus Books today and got quite a stock in -- mostly gifts but some for us.

    Started with the wedding in Ogunquit ME. Spent a day and a bit with my brother and sister-in-law on the organic dairy farm in S. China ME. Stopped by for a brief visit with my aunt in the nursing home in Westchester County. Saw DH's brother and family in northern NJ. I did have to take more pain med than usual to make it through each day but I kind of expected that. And yes, we're tired but it was worth the whole trip.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi