Wednesday, August 26, 2009

a bad start to the morning

i had to deal with red tape
first thing at 8am

normally i don't have a problem with the ezpass people
they are NORMALLY a pleasure to talk to
they are normally polite, efficient and so very helpful

not today

the girl wouldn't talk to me!
thank goodness bernie was home
i don't know when they switched the ezpass to his name
it used to be in mine
i couldn't get on the website
and the girl was giving me a hard time
she refused to talk to me until bernie gave her permission

i asked when it had switched as i hadn't switched it from me to him
huh?
i don't like that first thing in the morning
oye

now we have to go get a base for the seat

heaven help me

oye

did i say oye yet...........?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    First, I would want to know who gave them the right to change it from your name to his. Maybe you had better both get a pass, then there should be no more problems of that sort. Have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very strange that they would have switched without your authorization. We've run into that "can't talk to you, your name's not on the account" stuff here. Electric bill, for example. I pay the bills but that's in his name so they won't talk to me if we have any questions. Sigh. I think he may have added me at one point. Don't know. Makes it more challenging since we have different names (hey, he didn't want to change his when we got married so .....)

    Don't remember what name's on the ezpass account. Probably his for that, too. Thinking about switching that account anyhow. Which one has no monthly charge???

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi