Friday, October 09, 2009

snickerdoodles for bernie

he had good news at work so i baked him snickerdoodles
and made him a nice nice dinner

then he told me that the studio isn't ready to heat yet......
and he's right
he is working on the duck pens all weekend
as rhinebeck is next weekend and we lost a weekend to rain
i have to move the drafting table and the birds out of the studio
and that water cooler bernie brought home that doesn't work

and he needs to move my porcelain workbench
oh man he's right
good thing we only go to rhinebeck one day
and good thing he also let them know at work that rhinebeck is a yearly thing, and that they understood
now if the weather will hold out


onto duck news
momma is coughing and yesterday appeared to me not to be eatting much
i have the vet tuesday for her
and i fed her in the pond so she ate while dabbling......
this way i knew something got in her
i am going to wet her food today and keep her out of the A frame pen for a while so i can watch her and see how much she's really eatting
i will again feed her in the pond

phoebe has taken to standing in the center of her pond and pooping in the water
she is still upset from the molt so won't really let me get too near her but is slowly coming around.
i want to check her feet.
i will say that she is whiter then snow now, the whitest i have ever seen her, and i've known her since an egg!

lilli is still a bit bitchy but she's ok
falstaff is a lot cleaner since i hosed him down and made him bath.....
WHY are mucovy drakes such pigs?

i have an appointment monday with a new doctor, maybe i will find out what the lethargy and pain is all about lately
this endo told me (without any T level results on the blood work mind you) that my thryoid was rock steady, and that the weakness etc was not due to thyroid
(obviously it had something to do with the eating of mcdonalds 16 times a day while watching soap operas)
i do think that it most certainly can be secondary lyme or maybe i have truly been kidding myself all these years and i AM just lazy and have been sucessfully hiding it?

anyway, i know i still need a new/good endo..... my old one was fantastic but that isn't an option now that she's closed her office

anyone know a decent endo that is good with PCOS and thyroid......on the east coast.... in the mid atlantic... possibly between nyc and philly?
oh man

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:16 AM

    I hope you find a good Endo Doc soon. Surely there must be more than one in your area.

    I remember many years back when I used to make Snickerdoodles. They were one of the only cookies that I would make because they took few ingredients and were so easy to make. Now I'm thinking maybe I should make some for myself. Now why didn't I think of that before?

    Good luck with the ducks. I guess they have a mind of their own and we just have to adapt. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi