Wednesday, October 07, 2009

i am so not a happy camper

that doctor may be smart or whatever but she's not good

now in addition, i had nightmares with dreams within dreams
that is never a good sign for me
the dreams within dreams thing is my clue that all is not well in my head

i think i am awakening from a dream and i am struggling to wake up
or move or something
and only much later and i am totally terrified do i actually wake up from both dreams

again last night
this time i was dreaming that someone had broken in by the ducks, and i couldn't wake up enough to wake bernie up
i couldn't scream
i couldn't move
and i was in and out of the deeper dream sleep
(how deep into rem sleep do you have to go to be in THAT state?)

the other night same deal but different scenario, as my mom tried to tell me where to go and buy a house/farm and how to do it
i didn't bring much back from that one

anyway this morning's dream within a dream was ended mercifully by the alarm at 4:15 am

and in waking i did realize that anyone actually attempting to break in would have to deal with large startled irate poultry.......

now as to this doctor
and her 'walk 20 minutes while watching a sitcom'
that is got to be the most worthless waste of time invented
now if she had said......
spend 30 minutes hiking the Appalachian trail
spend 30 minutes walking a dog or training for agility....
spend 30 minutes cooling down a horse
spend 30 minutes raking leaves
spend 30 minutes mucking a barn
spend 30 minutes cutting grasses with a scythe

i would not have been as pissed off
but first she didn't believe me when i told her i eat healthy, no processed foods, very very rarely eat out,
eat a ton of veggies and no bread
(not a lot of 'white inside' foods)
bernie had to jump in and tell her 'no she eats healthy and cooks from scratch'
no she doesn't eat bread
no she rarely eats out
then she started to say i ate way too much......
again she didn't believe me
bernie had to tell her, 'she rarely finishes her dinner, and puts it way for lunch the next day'

why is it that she didn't believe me?
why?
cause i'm fat?
excuse me
i have a few reasons to BE fat
one biggie would be heredity...i am shaped EXACTLY like my mother
and i suppose the thyroid and the PCOS have NOTHING to do with it all

as obviously if i am fat i must be eating McDonald's 16 times a day while watching soap operas on my industrial strength lazyboy
right?
or i would be a toothpick no?

i am beyond pissed off
so i will worry this for ten days

even bernie said she really shouldn't be dealing with people....
i would amend that to dealing with LIVING people........ i'm pretty sure the dead won't give a shit

3 comments:

  1. Vi,

    I understand how you feel. Except it's my mother who throws those comments at me all the time. You'd think she would know better, but she's got an image fixed in her head, and even reality doesn't affect it. Definitely sounds like time for a new doc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lissa in western pa4:26 PM

    i haven't had a dr to call my own since moving to pennsylvania nearly 10 years ago... but earlier this summer i went in to have some massive dental work done, and found that my blood pressure was REALLY high. so off to find a dr we went. i really don't like the whole 'choose a dr from the phone book' method, but getting referrals from friends wasn't working out. so we chose randomly. so far i THINK i like this dr. he has been very thorough, and very understanding of the fact that we don't have insurance and can't do any testing that isn't absolutely necessary. and even though high blood pressure is often associated with obesity (and even though i was VERY overweight) he has not said a single word about my weight.

    now, once my blood pressure started coming down, so did my weight. i knew i was bloated and my feet and legs were swollen. apparently about 2 gallons worth, since i lost about 15 lbs just from the medication. 15 lbs barely made a dent (well, one clothing size or so), but he still has not said anything to me about my weight. i still can't quite get over it. i think every other dr i have ever seen has told me to lose weight and generally told me to just eat less and get more exercise. yeah right. thyroid issued and pcos here also....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 PM

    A bad Doctor can really mess a person up. I'm glad you know better than to listen to her, and I'm sorry you had such a dismal experience. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi