Sunday, October 18, 2009

rhinebeck

first off there were ouessants
ok so 1/2 ouessant
someone did what i had been talking about doing.... import semen straws and do AI
she used shetlands
i would have used icelandic i think

i finally met jane, and ceci
got to see clara again (it's been years) i got her new book and she autographed it for me
of course got to see the folks at spirit trail...... i swear that is the only place i feel at home now adays

and as we were leaving...... ran into mo barger, who recognized bernie.......sniff....not me
am i really so forgetable mo?

ok the HAUL
one skein of that new yarn from spirit trail "Sunna" silk and merino... i was supposed to get paprika, however some person got it before me and bought jen all out ( if i knew who that person was i would hunt her down like the dog she obviously is........sniff) but jen appeased me with a wonderful wine color.......... which i also liked and really would go better with my goosedown coat
(now i need something in a brownish ginger to go with my wool winter coat)
i got the leaf kit from tsarina of tsocks

i got a medium sized foam hat block for what else? blocking my knit hats!
and i got a color work book from a lovely young woman named mary scott huff called the new stranded colorwork so i got that also signed
so i am getting all these cool books from all these cool folks

now today, i am in reverse
my ARMS and neck and shoulders are killing me
like i wrestled a bull
so i am not all there

the fast good news is momma is finished with two meds
that leaves her with only three now but two are twice a day
and btw, i felt the ducks teeth, no.....they didn't bite me
i just ran my fingers over them
wow
who would have known

6 comments:

  1. I don't know how you find the time to do everything you do! You MUST be exhausted... so happy that Momma is doing better. What a relief. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:22 PM

    I'm glad you were able to go to Rhinebeck and have such a good time as well. I know you will make some beautiful things with your new yarn and I hope you share whatever you make with the rest of us one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh. You didn't listen :)
    I said I *thought* it was you but seeing Bernie made me sure! After all, it's common to see pretty ladies wander around Rhinebeck with their beautiful handknits on, but not so common to see their husbands with Snap On jackets with them. :)
    Wonderful to see you, for sure! I want to make a hat like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you made it to Rhinebeck! It sounds like you had a good time. When I'm done with my stupid exams, I'll definitely go and we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Glad you made it and had a good time. Next year, I plan to go, as I am moving to upstate NY in a couple of weeks. Yay Rhinebeck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were right - Rhinebeck was great! And meeting you was fabulous...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi