Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What do YOU wanna be when you grow up?

Apparently, people are going to have more then one career for the most part over the course of their lives
I have been at various times

Art student
Bank teller
Head hunter
Graphic designer
Art director
Illustrator
Doll artist
Miniature maker
Doll house builder
Ornament designer
Soap maker
Livestock broker
Web site designer
Knitting teacher
Writer

All these things brought me money at various times

And again, I am at a crossroads
I need to do something again……. I can’t quite figure out WHAT though

As a kid all I wanted to do was to be a working artist on a farm,………
( considering how I live…… I am not quite on the farm, and currently not working as an artist)

I keep asking the universe for unmistakable signs……..

Which direction do I go
What is my next move…..

I have criteria
1) must be engrossing, something I totally enjoy, with a passion
2) must bring in money, and not pissass money….some ‘contribute to the household’ money
3) flexible as to time….no 15 hour days anymore....btdt
4) can not be too physically hard, all that close work with miniatures blew my shoulders and hands out
5) must have a high enough return for the time/materials/energy invested
6) involve being home

I am open for suggestions…. See the ‘email me’ thingie at the top there (i’m pretty sure it’s there)
EMAIL me…ok?
Now part of me would like to write again, it was intense, and paid very well…… not too hard really……although THEN I wrote on a manual typewriter!
Yup I did
Now I have the computer
THEN I wrote articles….how to articles and I was paid VERY well …. 10 cents a word.
And let me tell you
I can TALK so that added up FAST

Part of me would love to be making dolls again…..almost full time
Only larger then I used to do….

And part of me wants to just garden and can

And part of me wants to raise sheepies and goaties and chickies and duckies……

And part of me just wants it ALL………..

But this is me asking………. what’s my sign????

and what are you all thinking of?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vi!

    Sorry I can't help you decide what to be when you grow up. I'm a web designer for a public school district and work full-time from home myself. Some days I like it and some days I really miss the interaction with my old friends in the office. After doing this now for a year and a half I'd have to say I prefer getting up and going in to work actually. Then again, on cold days like today....what a blessing not to have to get out!!!

    I was ordering seeds today and thought of you when I saw the Tromboncino squash seeds. I seem to remember you chatting about them on the canning group last year. No? I ordered so much - a mix of plants and seeds - but the siren call of the catalog hooked me. I've never started seeds before - not enough patience - but I'm gonna give it another try this year.

    Can't wait for some nice spring weather! Can you beliieve it's going to be 10 degrees tomorrow night here in north Georgia? I can't! Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a new career, but I was wondering if you would consider selling your soap wholesale. A place like Woolgirl.com is great because it caters to knitters and you wouldn't have to deal with all the customers.

    And of course, you could open a B&B so that I could eat your food and experience the "farm life"...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi