Monday, January 12, 2009

full moon in january

on the new fallen snow
it's so bright out!
1:30 am up with the stove and it is so very wonderful out
so bright
i wonder what the long ago people did this time of year when the snows lay deep on the land

where the men of the tribes grateful to the woman for the gathering and drying they did all summer?

and in the teepees and long houses, did they stay warm?
i know that stories were told
what other entertainment would there have been?
( ok well there was THAT.........but seriously.....all them PEOPLE....?)

it got down to 67 in the studio, which is a bit low for me letting the stove burn down
i don't usually like it below 74 in here so that the rest of the house stays above freezing......
the fire looks brisk however
so i shouldn't be up too long i hope
it's chilly


in other news
i spilt water on my ergonomic keyboard
i am trying to type on a regular straight keyboard
and it's not working well
plus it is really hurting my hands
the typos are atrocious which you all can't see.....i keep running spell check

i priced new ones......60.00
that isn't going to happen any time soon

oh man......

my friend carol is going to try her freecycle..... ours never has anything good on it so we'll hope

yesterday...... my best friend thea came to see me.....
she showed me that pumpernickel bagel.......
hahahahaa
and song sung blue....which she sang to me over and over until i 'got it'

i am still singing it
and with a smile as i do realize that she is still being my friend

i was a bit depressed
and while stuff is still getting to me
i also realize that she is still around
trying to make me smile

Me and you are subject to the blues now and then

we used to talk about that
i always said to her
'our generation came between the 60's idealism, and the 80's hedenism....we are sort of a lost generation....with no clearly defined anything'

and we used to then laugh....cause it was true
reflected in the music of the times.....
*** remember the beegees? lonely days?
see what i mean?
stuff like that

i realized something else
laughter has always been a big part of my friendships
i just love hearing people's deep from the gut laughter
and boy can my friends laugh......

vi


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:11 PM

    Vi? It was just water you spilled on it? Not a whole lot? Is it totally dried out now (and not frozen)? You might try it again. DH says if you let it dry for a day or two, it's worth trying it again.

    Hey, I like magenta. And big fluffy down coats are supposed to be big and fluffy. You can layer a lot under that one. smile

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi