Friday, January 09, 2009

operating systems

my new little powerhouse tower is not even a week old and i am thinking
linux

there are a few questions i have

could linux run this 64 bit system?
would i be able to interface my older apps?

are there enough apps for linux that i can go forward

i am pretty annoyed with microsoft

i mean......i realize they answer to shareholders
BUT
stability and capability are pretty important to most people
the less techie you are
the MORE important stability and capability become.....no?

and i am so pissed off that yesterday, in my little computers trial run
i couldn't shut it down
THEN i could NOT wake it up

you have no idea how annoyed that got me

the cat's learned an entirely new vocabulary...................
good thing they can't repeat it

meanwhile
i can recommend systemax
i like this machine
i like the customer service even better
i had a problem with the shipped power cord not fully going into the socket
it was half way out and jiggly

i called systemax tech support and after a VERY helpful person who spoke ENGLISH ( and is in ohio!) helped me determine that indeed it WAS a problem
( we used my old power cord off my old dell tower) he assured me that they would ship me a new one, due to arrive tuesday

no fuss
no hassel
and took about 7 minutes

all in all our polite chatting about the new computer and the cold weather took longer then the troubleshooting of the power cord

HUH?

an AMERICAN company with.......................... OH MY.............

actual customer SERVICE???????????????????????????

yup
just like DELL used to be

all american
all the time
and polite

i love systemax
and if you folks are looking for a new computer
check them out

vi
who has to go to town no matter what today
the postmaster called me....i got packages!!!!!!!!!
it'll be my own personal christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi