Thursday, January 08, 2009

i am not impressed with vista

first let me tell you
i had a rough night
and an even rougher morning
sooooooo
i didn't get in gear until this afternoon
i also didn't get to town

but this afternoon
i got a little energy and cleared off part of my computer table.......
i evicted a few spiders
a ton of dust mites
and i am resonably sure i did find amelia earharts goggles at least
and i suspect that the LARGE pile could be hiding a hippo.....or two

i got the tower up next to my monitor

first issue
the power cord didn't fit in the outlet on the back of the computer
i called systemax and they told me to use the old dell cord to test it

the dell cord worked so they are ups'ing me a new power cord....i will get it tuesday!

i got it powered up
i poked around a bit
couldn't find a shut down
found the 'power down/sleep' button
it powered down
great
i want to shut it off so i can use my power cord and go online
nope
it wouldn't shut down

ok
let me wake it up and ASK IT
it wouldn't wake up

i hate vista

i used it for 1/2 hour and i hate it

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

oye

meanwhile
i am knitting another hat
as that was all i had the energy for today

mostly

oye

vi

3 comments:

  1. Hey, if you find a giraffe in there I claim it, I have always wanted a pet giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummm...I'm not hearing very good things about vista ...and this just adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:38 PM

    Oh, yeah, I can tell you tales about Vista. I got my new Vista computer at work on November 25. It wouldn't work with my ergonomic keyboard (the one that prevents exacerbation of the carpal tunnel and tendon inflammation). A whole bit bunch of other problems. They replaced it in mid December. It acted the same or worse. They replaced it the week between the holidays. The assistive technology folks replaced the keyboard also. (I still have my antique touchpad that I got for $10 about a hundred years ago. Well, ok, not a hundred, but in the last century, definitely.) So I've customized settings three times now. Maybe this one will work? Oh, yeah, I just adore Vista. Yup. Sigh. Where's my knitting!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi