Thursday, January 01, 2009

good morning 2009

you came in very windy and extremely cold

naturally at the ACTUAL stroke of midnight
i was asleep under about 2 feet of blankets and cats
but i did get up at 1am, 2:30 am, 4:30 am and 8:30am to stoke the wood stove
all because the BOY ( thaddeaus peabody) tapped me on the head

i would say the cats have me well trained........

first fawn come up to my face
stuffing her nose into my nose......right AFTER she's washed her ass.......
cause you know.....she LOVES ME

( gee thanks fawnie)
'mom, the fire is low'


i pet her and mumble incoherently
and pull the covers over my head

(notice how they never bother bernie.................. why is that?)

then when the slight suggestion didn't work
they send in the next line of defence

CALPURRINA

she climbs over me like she's just conquered everest
purring extremely LOUDLY

'MOM, hey the fire's out...........so since it's getting cold there ......i will sleep on your chest and you won't be able to breath........or sleep over my loud purring........, but i love you mom'


i will stick an arm out and pat her head then try to move her so my lungs can expand again

a few minutes later it must be dire down in the studio
as the BOY goes into action


"MOM GET YOUR FAT ASS UP AND DOWNSTAIRS TO MAKE THE FIRE GO.....I AM GETTING COLD HERE'

if i ignore him.....he'll hook my nose.....or pat my eye.....
his toes are non too clean either
and he isn't exactly gentle about it..........

the king will not be denied his fire

at this point i am up and staggering to the studio
bumbling around in the dark
dropping logs on my shins
and praying that whatever makes it into the wood stove will fire up IMMEDIATELY
so i can stagger back to bed
hopefully without burning the house down

and people wonder why i can't remember shit........
or

why i can't seem to get going during the winter

i am the walking dead is why


happy new year to you all

and i hope you get to stay under the 2 feet of covers ALL NIGHT without one disturbance

if you do get to stay where it is snug and warm

give a thought to me
staggering around in the dark and the cold
all for the love of a few curly headed cats

vi

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:30 PM

    i NORMALLY get to sleep undisturbed, apart from my bladder often waking me up more than once per night. but this morning my boss woke me up because she couldn't find her keys (she'd left them an work apparently, so they were locked in the building). since she lives an hour away, and i live five minutes away, she came HERE to borrow MINE, and then brought them back half an hour later because she was afraid she'd forget and then i woudln't be able to get in tomorrow morning.....

    so now i'm all discombobulated from my sleep being disturbed.

    so anyway, i can relate on a small level. ;-)

    lissa in western pa

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi