Thursday, January 13, 2005

2nd place?

The new cloth doll I had posted about here made a 2nd place at the PA Farm show.
I still haven't named her
Anyone want to volunteer a few names?
I am thinking something that goes along with Esmeralda, her 'older' sister.
I am getting her back sometime this week.
I will be working on some other stuff for our local county fair that happens at the end of summer.
My spinning group got me into doing this.
I still have a couple of articles I am supposed to be writing for the doll and the minature magazine. ( I have to get some drafts out to them soon, everyone nag me ok?)

I am working on that little porcelain child from 1902-1907. And knitting yet another pair of socks. This time in Trekking (pictures of each to follow)

today was vet day for Thaddeaus Peabody, who the vet has decided, has an allergy! and it is affecting his skin.
We will be starting weekly baths soon. My little curly headed son is happy, healthy, and sassy.
His little sister is being taught to be bad in his place!
(remember those big blue eyes?) hahahaha THAT is MY girl.................. even though she is her daddy's darlink!
Really it is amazing the difference in Thaddeaus since we went and brought his sister home.
Now we are going to go and get their great gramma and they will be a full family here.
I really love the Laperm breed, even though they are a very very active breed, which I didn't think I wanted...... what did I know?
now they have us wrapped firmly around their little paws.
vi

Ok, now it is about 6:30pm, we had to do the cats ears, ALL the cats ears........
then Calpurrnia had a few mats, which laperms are not supposed to get...... well we didn't get her done because the blunt tip scissor broke....... I have to get her another blunt tip scissor huh?
I didn't go to spin group tonight
I did however tell everyone that they'd better miss me, have a moment of silence......(well with me not there, it will be pretty quiet and peaceful huh?)
and that they would mourn me not being there when it was time for cookies........
cause I always bring the cookies........ hey the way to someone's heart is food no?
either that or bribery with our handmade soaps or maybe a cream or two???
hahahahaha
Kris is going to be our new sales rep. She is taking payment in soap...... now THAT is a great arrangement huh?
soap traded for spinning fibers, soap for eggs, soap for chickens, soap for sales reps......
we are up to our ears in soap right now, beings as alot of the small venders that carried us have closed now.......
oye
vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi