Wednesday, January 05, 2005

another day in the neighborhood

I have been busy, first someone had the bright idea that I should enter a doll in the pa farm show.
they convinced me on SATURDAY to do this doll
now I find out on SATURDAY that it must be made in 2004.
sooooooooooo
I have to remake a new rag doll.
no sweat, after all I have that pattern I have been perfecting for a few years right?
I have worked out the kinks and it is almost perfect right?
guess what?
I can't find it
sooooooooo
I have to make a new pattern plus test it, plus dress this doll in four days.......
can I do it
ha
well I did!
amazed the shit out of me
even after I wasted two days perfecting the new pattern and redoing the head a few times cause no one liked the heads I was doing
finally I got something everyone thought was ok
you all be the judge

diabetes inducing?

note her hair is needlefelted into her head.
I am going to pick up my knitting needles again shortly, I have two pairs of socks to work on.

1 comment:

  1. She is gorgeous, Vi. Needlefelting the hair, never thought of doing that. How clever. :)

    I like the dark background you use to photograph your dolls. Shows everything up really well.. the outline of the hair for instance.

    I asked to be taken off the KR webring because my blog isn't going to be just knitting anymore. I'm going to be doing lots of other stuff on it. It wouldn't be fair to keep it on the ring.

    Going to knit the rest of the navy blue and white sock for my DD. tata..

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi