Saturday, January 29, 2005

First try with Fair Isle!


Hosted by Photobucket.com


Ok I had a class today from 10 am to 2(ish) pm
At our local yarn store, Mountain Knits And Pearls.
it was a class in two handed, two colored fair isle knitting
the project was ................ a HAT !!!!
I just got done with it so here it is
the Colors are off
they are actually magenta, yellow and orange....... next try will have more orange
I did it in Cascade 220 worsted on size 7 dp
the colors are 7803 for the magenta,
7826, California poppy
and
7824, burnt orange
I had a blast and color stranding is wonderful.........
I feel another obsession coming on........
wild colored fair isle menopausal socks?
anyhow........ here is my hat fresh off the needles
I did try it on and it is a bit tight but I really do knit tightly so I think if I had gone up to a nine I would be ok
til next time
vi

1 comment:

  1. Yum! great colors. and yes - colorwork is addictive. Why stop at socks. Why not sweaters? skirts? bras? bwahahaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi