Thursday, January 27, 2005

Are we ready for this?

Ok Bernie took the Mahwah job, with great trepidation. We'll see how it goes
meanwhile I have started the magazine articles I owe, so I got the first one written and now must take the pictures while I make the doll to go with it.
I will also be developing a few online classes in doll making for Minidoll U.
Doesn't that sound like fun? I thought it would be a blast so I am working on the first one now.
I will also be teaching sock knitting at the LYS starting in March so I shall be happily busy.
meanwhile I am taking a class this coming Saturday January 29 at the local yarn store "Mountain Knits & Pearls" in two color two handed fair isle knitting, I have my homework done for this class already. I decided on three not two colors and they are in my beloved magenta, yellow and orange. I can only imagine what deep seated psychological traits are attributed to people who love magenta, yellow, and orange in combination.......... but well there you go. Anyway the yarn is Cascade 220 in worsted weight on # 7 DPs so it is going to be a super fast knit.
(spoken as one used to knitting with 1.5 dp's so 7's are huge, I felt like they were baseball bats)
Meanwhile, my beloved Spin Group, Blue Mountain Fiber, will be my sock knitting guinea pigs, letting me teach them my way of sock knitting, so I am more used to teaching a more formal type class. I teach all the time, but nothing formal.
I swear I love the people in the Blue Mountain Fiber group, I am so lucky they let me keep coming back to them. I insure that return by bribing them with soap and toiletries as well as homemade from scratch cookies......hahahah I ain't no dumb Bunny..........
If any of you do get a chance to met one of that bunch count yourself lucky as they are wonderful people. Carole lets me play with her goaties and sheepies all the time, Kris HAS a lamb saved for me! ( imagine that! me a lamb, but it may have to go into the freezer as opposed to pasture due to our zoning) JoAnne and Monica told me I can come play with their Alpaca's and horses any time I want...... Gees Even Linda lets me smush all over her dogs..... finer folks you couldn't find.
shhhhhhh don't tell them I said this, they would blush.

ok so this is about up to date, I am doing a series of costuming articles both for miniature dolls, and for my beloved cloth dolls.
Whatever ones don't sell, I was thinking maybe I would self publish a book? who knows, anything at this moment seems possible. And the book thing really isn't hard.
I know I owe you folks some pictures soooooooooooo
here is one of the little blue eyed one......

she is so cute that I had to share

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi