Friday, July 14, 2006

jersey devil berries

I had a BRILLIANT idea.......

notice it is capitalized.......

ok my BRILLIANT idea was this.......
blueberries are on sale for LESS then 1.00 a pint..

( are you drooling yet???)

I would get them and dry them........ and we would have muffins ALL WINTER

see
BRILLIANT

a few berries would find their way into jams and such....
( ask me about my spiced blueberry lavender jam......)

simple plan right?
blueberries that gift from the Indians..... with NO technology at the time....I should add that huh?

you know that the Indians dried their blueberries right???
well no one apparently TOLD my blueberries....

cause even with my fancy dehydrator............. they are NOT drying
not a bit not a smidge......
they are not

I check them every day.....they been drying since MONDAY
I poke them

nope

soft pillowy little berries..... but not hard anymore and firm
literally pillowy

I get a bit suspicious last night and poked a few with a pin.....

AH HA

it is as I thought.......

They have inflated themselves.....

somehow MY blueberries puffed themselves up with pride.......
and defiance..............

and started to link arms and chant

NO NO WE WON'T GO..............

ha

today in addition to the jam I am making more of..
I intend to deflate blueberries

and you think YOU got problems???


vi

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmm spiced blueberry lavendar jam. i want!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi