Saturday, July 15, 2006

Another day...... another pint of jersey devil berries...

well, we are again having a blue blue blueberry day....
I did jam yesterday, and today I am flash freezing individual berries..
( tomorrow the world....no?) NOOOOOOOOOO not one by one.....
but seperately on a try.....not all lumpied together in a bag......at least not until AFTER they are frozen.......
I got over a gallon bag full now and more happening even as we speak....( ah......... you read?)

I also got two piddly cucumbers in the brine to be pickles...
sandwich slicers.....
that's ok....
I am going to put in a LOT more cuc plants.....watch
oye
( cause at a future date if I do that.....you all are going to hear me ranting about 97 gallons of pickles fermenting in the basement....)
by the way in case some of you folks don't know this..... cucumbers that are destined to be pickles BITE......yup like cactus....they got them some wicked spines.....



it is very dark out.....
we are getting 'thunderstorms, possible heavy rain, hail, locust, the 7 plagues of Egypt, boils and pestilence'.......... or something like that

I am debating on if it is wise to defrost a ham that is admittedly almost as big as my ass.......( that's alotta ham, as my ass could crush a small army if I fell on it.......... the army and the ass)

I was thinking of canning it

I am thinking of canning any thing and everything that doesn't move fast enough.......


hmmmmmmmmm watch out cat........... you could be gulash tomorrow...........

sooooooooooooooooooooooo
I haven't heard from that agent yet
well I was really trying hard for a 'professional query letter' and somehow.......... chickens crept into the letter.....
I SWEAR I don't know how

I really don't
next thing you know the chickens were dancing all over the letter.....

( vi is hanging her head in shame now)

and you folks are all stiffling your laughter, I know you are
hey don't laugh!
IT could happen to YOU
you know it could

no?
ok maybe it could only happen to me...........

oye

til next time

vi

1 comment:

  1. i think she means iqf, which is individually quick frozen. you lay them out on a tray, and freeze them individually. they freeze faster that way, and are easier to portion out, as long as they stay frozen.

    and waht's this about an agent, dearheart?

    and we had a good visit with sean, btw.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi