Saturday, July 01, 2006

canning canning canning and a wristlet

I have been canning a LOT lately
tonight..... while i type......I am waiting for 15 jars of beef cubes to come to pressure so i can time it
I canned this with red wine, onions, mushrooms and garlic.....
I will be canning the chicken breasts tomorrow the same way....
and also making some jars of meatballs and meat loaf
as well as watermelon pickles

we also have to clean the chicken coop and I am knitting wristlets with beads for a class I am giving at the yarn store

btw,
the yarn store wants me to knit a bunch of different things for october classes
and I am out of ideas
I am currently teaching mittens.... ( saturday is one of the first mitten classes)
and the beaded wristlets along with my sock classes and two beginner lace.....
now
a couple people do hats
so I don't need to....
how about one of those little caplet thingies?
in lace?
hmmmmmmmm
I don't know
so any suggestions would be welcome

I have been sick again....... the glucaphage gets me really ill.....it's like doing chemo!
I get THAT sick....
so I stopped taking it.....now before I get the lecture......the doc knows

ok well gotta go check the canner.....
vi

2 comments:

  1. was that your wacky voice on my voicemail this week blithering bout money? cool beans! i hear a trip to mengele? or yarn store? spinning? fixing the van for good? go girl!

    and the food sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    First of all don't be scared about the Glucophage. My mom's diabetic and it took a long time to get her medication working for her instead of against her. Doc took her off the Glucophage for awhile, then finally got her dosage for the Glucophage + other meds right. I just don't want you to get all ultra-scared, cause my mom was, but it all worked out in the end.

    On to ideas! I'm full of them, but just a few, and do whatever you like of course :)
    ~Lace Headbands! I never see them. Why not? So pretty, good practice for lace, and they keep your hair out of your eyes:D
    ~Dickies. Stitch pattern doesn't matter, but since it's kind of a small section of sweater, but without the sizing restrictions, dickies could be a lot of fun and good practice. Also, though they're not always popular, they're pretty ingenious, not unlike fingerless gloves and gauntlets. Sometimes it's too cold to go sweaterless, but a form-fitting jacket gets in the way of a full on sweater.
    ~Student designed cosmetic bags/coin purses/little purses(just some small bags yeah?). Break out the graph paper, and to each her/his own. It offers tons of practice. Practice reading charts, practice counting stitches, practice increasing and decreasing; it's all good! Oooh and fun with drawing yep-yep.

    Hope my ideas aren't too far out there.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi