Thursday, July 20, 2006

48 pints of blueberries on the wall

48 pints of blues
you take one down and pass it around......

ah......
wait ok I canned it and froze it all
and made jam
I made spiced blueberry lavender jam
and plain blueberry jam

but this isn't about blueberries.....
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhnoooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is about SPICE
( not the girl band............ get your head outta the gutter)

this is about SPICE......... you know....... exotic pods and seeds from far off lands..

yup

now this is just between you and me right......we won't tell bernie ok?
he doesn't need to know I got something like 24 pounds of spice ok????

24 POUNDS of spice you say........

thud.......


yup yup
you read that right........

you see I buy spices from this place online.......
and it is by the pound, which you get pretty good prices on.......
( ok so actually REALLY good prices on)
and i know I will need it all
and when I saw this little pissass jar of mace in the supermarket for almost 6.00
and a whole POUND of mace is 9.............................

well
yup yup had to buy the pound
you all understand right?

just need buckets of the stuff lieing around.......... makes me feel all exotic and that crap.

ok the real deal is.....
I am on a pickling kick......
making the pickles to keep me happy over the winter

I got me some doozie spices too
cardamon
and allspice
star anise
cloves
cinnamon,
tumeric ( it's very oily btw)

yup got them all
I really went to hell and got both BROWN and YELLOW mustard seed........but they they do have other uses........I mean I could actually MAKE mustard......you know from SCRATCH!!!!

amazing you know.....it's actually made WITH mustard seeds ground up and doesn't just ooze out of a yellow squeeze bottle.

( the things you learn huh? stick with me kid.........you never know where we are going)

now I figure I may just forget to mention this to bernie.... at least until after he is in a pickle induced coma brought on the the shear magnificence of my pickled endeavors........ no?

but then again............ how often does someone get to buy all those spices.......
medieval despots would have WORSHIPED me........

hahahhaha

vi
now wanting a camel and some silks............ maybe a tent no???


and I came back to add......
that agent tanked me
do you think it was something the chickens said????

they can be rather ah.........flighty at times..........

well you know they ARE chickens.......

ok but I am still going.......
oh

I was thinking of adding ADSENSE to the blog....
what do you folks think??? let me know yea or nay...

4 comments:

  1. vi, I think you need the silks, maybe take up belly dancing, little finger tambourines? They would go with the spices! (Ok, now I'm ducking as you throw cloves and cinnamon sticks at me!)

    That blueberry jam sounds great....wonder how it would be over some nice French vanilla ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and as far as the adsense, can you imagine it for this posting: [i]buy your camels here
    chicken of the sea
    chicken noodle soup
    Are you chicken? Click here for courage!
    Old Spice
    Spice Girls
    Get Spicy! [\i]

    I could go on, but I won't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really are sick you know
    hahahahahaa
    vi

    oh man.....I laughed at your comments
    I must be seriously sick too.....


    oye
    ps: you bring the icecream and I will crack open a jar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edy's Grand?

    Oohh, maybe ice cream on Belgian Waffles with the jam on top?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi