Monday, June 22, 2009

new week....better luck?

bernie went to work, inspite of the pitchfork wound in his foot
i told him let the paramedics look at it
he won't

stubborn man

momma duck is starting to fit in with lillianna and phoebe
although the girls are still biting her a bit
i don't really think that it's a mean thing
but more like a bit of sibling rivalry

i picked up momma yesterday (prior to bernie impaling himself)
and she did settle a bit
her heart stopped pounding so hard after a few minutes
she is a nicely solid duck
i think bigger even then lilli

i miss cleo and marguerite terrible
their loss is really huge for me
i am always looking for cleo to see if she needs help
and calling marguerite without thinking
seeing their absence stops me dead in my tracks

all the pens outside are cleaned for the summer
the ducks are not happy as we got not only all the winter bedding out
but the worms too
tons of HUGE fat nightcrawlers
they gorged themselves silly on those worms

well again
i am hoping this is it for the bad luck for a while
i hope no one else dies on me
no one else gets hurt

and life is quiet and happy

but i miss my girls


vi

1 comment:

  1. sjanova3:17 PM

    Well, I should HOPE this is a better week!! Me? I'm back to work part-time now, from home. In fact, I started over the weekend since there was something needed rush rush rush, so I didn't see about Bernie's foot until just now. I hope he's good about taking the antibiotic and has an up to date tetanus shot (or they gave him one anyhow?). The rain seems to have stopped for a few minutes (well, none at all today, so far), so that should help a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi