Tuesday, June 30, 2009

the 'joys' of organization

ha

have i ever mentioned i hate housework

really
i would rather muck a barn then pick up stuff off the floor or vacuum
i would also like to mention
that it's way overwhelming
especially the studio

now logic tells me that if i do it even one square INCH at a time eventually it will all be done

ha again

all i see is piles and piles and elephants and banannas

some folks have nightmares about scary movies etc
my worst nightmare appears to be cleaning and organizing the house

i know people who are BORN ORGANIZED
they don't get me
(that's ok i don't get them either, but i am rather tolerant of their defects)

they don't understand
1) how i can live this way
2) why i can't seem to ever really get it all done
3) why i can't just DO IT

i know part of my problem is lack of closets
lack of kitchen cabinets and lack of counter space
not to mention lack of workbench space right now in the studio

the other part of my problem is lack of the organizational gene it would appear

maybe i do have it
i do lists
i make plans and i can carry out some stuff
like if i have to can a years worth
i did the planning and then worked the plan

for some really warped reason however it doesn't appear to work for organization

or housework

i used to have a card written out, step by step how to clean the bathroom
and i followed it for YEARS

i bought all the organization books
i tried to follow them

somehow i think i am organizationally impared

or something

ok
so

i could use some help here

HELP

oye

vi

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you Vi! I do like FLyLady but I do not follow her to a T...mainly the 15 minutes thingy I do - set a timer and clean somewhere for 15 minutes...My sister is a clean freak, but not me, and I can usually find anything needed to be found! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi