Tuesday, March 24, 2009

sometimes maybe, things happen for a reason

saturday the sheepies and goaties go to live at a different farm
it's a bunch of endings in very many ways

i keep hearing that reason or season thing in my head ***

the season of a friendship is over
and i am now ok with that
cause i get it now.......it was in answer to me learning how to spin

and now i can
so the season is over

it was a lot of adventure and joy while it lasted and now it's my turn to pass it on

it did however take a while for my head to get here

i am not sure what the future holds now
as the past 5 years have had me single mindedly wishing for a farm
and right now
with the recession, i am thinking we may not be able to do what i had envisioned
so
we bloom where we are currently planted.........and fix this place up
when we are done.......we then can have the option of selling or staying
i will most likely sell
as i still want more land and less people
and i am very tired of this area and the rate of growth in population, crime etc

but until then
we bloom where we are planted
as what else can we do?
i will plant the fruits i been wanting
and not hold off on that until the 'someday' farm
i will keep my chickens and ducks
and see if maybe i can find a loop hole in the zoning to cover 'exotics' and get mini sheep and a kinder goat

i am even thinking....... maybe it's time to drag my drafting table up and go back to illustrating stories...
only maybe this time it should be MY stories........
just for fun
( i wonder if my drafting rule still works? it's been on the board for so long.......... 29 years......wow)
i am thinking........... i could dust off my rapidographs......
and maybe get the sonic cleaner for them too
maybe do some fun stuff like drawing in the woods
i haven't done THAT for ages and ages.......
i think that was over 30 years ago as well
and the funny thing was......
i was ALWAYS drawing in the woods
always
sitting on a rock by a stream and drawing roots and trees and understory
i think that's how it got my love of the eastern woodlands

well...........we'll see
cause gardening/canning season is just around the corner..........

inspite of how cold it's been

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 PM

    i hear you on the 'adapting in place' thing. we've been renting this apartment for five years and i thought we would have bought a house by now, or at least rented a bigger place where i could have a garden and maybe chickens.... so i'll keep growing things in containers and trying to talk the landlord into a real garden.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:03 AM

    Vi, I am younger than you, but I understand you on this. I have always wanted a farm, etc. very much like you, but I am unlikely to get one, frankly. I know, I know, dreams, hard work, blah blah blah. Whatever. Land is eff-ing expensive, and my husband isn't into it. Actually, that second one is the larger problem. Thing is, we share many other plans/hopes, so he's certainly not a loss. I generally don't like living where I do.

    However, being as I have commitments here (as you do to your home), I have tried, really tried, with a lot of success I think, over the past five or six years to find joy in my situation. I think it's worked pretty well; it's a change of focus more than anything else (but I'd still prefer to live in Montana or New Mexico or Colorado or... it's okay. I live here for now and maybe for a long time.).

    I put off planting perennials for three years when I first got "stuck" here. I don't do that anymore.

    -Katherine

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi