Thursday, March 26, 2009

i made a deal with the universe

and now it's my turn to pony up

it was a private deal.......... if such and such happened
i would get the drawing tools out

such and SUCH did happen
and i can feel the universe waiting expectantly
so
today
after duckie morning routine
after chickens get scratch and cats get hot fancy feast

i am going to town to find some disposable technical pens
maybe a bristol pad as well

since i woke up with drawings in my head

that is the first time in a long time


now i went to art school, and came out an illustrator
i realize i don't talk about it much
i worked first in a bank.......( talk about the wrong place for an artist to be)
then in art departments
i started in 'the field' as a typesetter........ funny cause now i find my mother's father, my grandfather was a printer...... back when it was an art, with hot type

then i moved on to 'the board' and did paste up and layout

then finally up to art and creative director.......hahahaha that was a joke
as i did EVERYTHING in that art department
including clean the stat camera and dump the chemicals for recycling....(we weren't 'green' the chemicals for a stat camera are full of silver.......we got money back from the spent chemicals)

then became a doll artist, miniature maker, soapmaker, gardener, knitting instructor, canner............
in short.... the me you folks sort of know today
but i suppose hidden under all that.......... are my roots
which is drawing

a while ago i started the illustrations and manuscript for a book that was the story of a trio of dolls i had been thinking of making ( i can't find the drawings though now...... !)

but all i am thinking of doing now
or at least attempting
is just one drawing
of the woods
in pen and ink
which should take me a while........

if i can handle it ( cause you know.......you don't' use it you lose it)
i will literally dust off the drafting table........ (it's downstairs and next to the chickens......it's really dusty)

i do remember a lot of joy in drawing
and a lot of frustration at times with how slowly images came to life under my pens

but i am older and a different person so maybe it won't be as frustrating
maybe this time around i will slow down
it is very likely

i may need a portable board as well
cause i can do this under the apple trees while the duckies graze
i used to draw at work, when i worked at the bank as a walk up/after hours teller
it was easy to put down and pick up
much easier then a book
and my customers seemed to enjoy seeing my homework ( i was in art school at the time.....so it really was homework)

so i am hoping that today acmoore has the pens i want
and a bristol pad
and if i can't find any of my layout pads.....i guess one of them as well
and possibly a layout pencil

one of my friends is a tarot card artist,
we had a long talk yesterday
she's been bugging me to do two thing for a while now
one was go back to drawing

i guess it is time to go full circle

we shall see

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, have fun!!! I'm always so jealous of people who can draw - I can't even draw stick figures! It's such an amazing talent, I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi