Tuesday, March 10, 2009

morning coffee

is one luxury i look forward to every morning
i used to drink instant coffee until we bought the house
then i decided .........only drip coffee
( let the purest who roasts and grinds their own leave now......this was what i could/can afford)

and i love trying a lot of different coffees
but i come back to a french roast for some reason

however today i am working my way through some odd brand that i've never tried
'aroma'

now don't get me wrong
i love some of thoese fancy freshly ground bean coffees........but if i opted for them
i could only afford coffee once a month or so
and i want my two cups every morning

( ok three cups but don't tell anyone about that third one....it's not even a full cup anyway)

the first sip of hot coffee in the morning is a pleasure
i like mine with a bit of milk
no sugar

occationally if they are on a HUGE sale, i will get the coffee creamer flavor thingies
which i discovered while being treated for lyme, as you can't have milk

anyway

every morning i have my coffee
read my email
plan my day
watch the seasons change outside the windows


and today's plan is....hang the laundry
dry garlic for garlic powder
take the duckies out and refill their pond
marinate a london broil
possibly can meatballs


and YOUR day?


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 AM

    If you are still looking for Alice Starmore's Fair Isle book in hardcover, there is one selling on Ebay, used but excellent condition, for $46. The bidding ends tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a 2 cupper myself (although they are really mugs, so I guess that is 4 cups) with some half and half, no sugar.

    It sounds like a good day. I just arrived home after teaching at the university and still have 3 more students to teach.

    A long day, but a good one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need at least two cups a day! (we have a percolator) I'm getting addicted to lattes though...

    Can you have soy milk or rice milk while being treated for Lyme?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi