Monday, March 09, 2009

happy second birthday dad

my dad has two birthdays
feb 15
and march 8
mom used to say it was so he could have more chocolate cake

dad and mom loved chocolate
me not so much

anway
dad came to see me over night
partly to tell me one of my cousins was dead
(which is terrible as that was my favorite cousin)

and to spend some time with me as i haven't seen him for a while

and i been having a rough time of it lately with not sleeping and other stresses

it was still good to see dad
mom owes me a visit
as do a few other dead people right now

anyway

i have come to a decision

it looks like i have to sell the sheepies and the goatie
it is going to kill me but i think that is the best for them
i was going to bring them home after my alternative boarding situation fell through
but if the zoning finds out
i will still have no where for them to go
so i am finding homes for them
and i am charging money so that they will be valued

why is it that a lot of times, without money changing hands....... there isn't any value placed on things?

i don't get that
cause i place a lot of value on everything
maybe too much so

ok

i am finally tired
so i am going up
night all

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:32 PM

    That's a really difficult decision to have reached. It's fully understandable that you're exhausted -- just from that decision, not even considering all the other stuff you've been dealing with. I know you've done everything you could think of to keep them and that this decision is what you think is for the best -- mostly for them but I guess it will relieve some of the stress in your life also.

    If your parents had tasted my mother's chocolate applesauce cake in the updated version my sister makes, they would have found a third occasion to recognize with one. I think my mother's is an enhanced devil's food cake recipe but my sister improved on it. Real chocolate. Real butter. A bit of applebutter to replace some of the applesauce. A sprinkle of cinnamon. It's out ofthis world. That's my birthday present from my sister. It's out of this world.

    Recovering from this spine fix has been challenging. Not sleeping too well at night but then I sleep in the recliner much of the morning, sometimes. I can see improvements, tiny bit by tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi